There’s no doubt that pets are a significant part of many people’s lives, and dogs, in particular, hold a special place in the hearts of their owners. Dog owners often view their pets as beloved family members and develop a deep emotional connection with them. This connection can lead to an array of funny and endearing nicknames that pet owners give their dogs.
Whether it’s because of their unique personality traits, physical appearance, or memorable experiences, dogs often end up with hilarious and affectionate nicknames. And sometimes they just make no sense. For example, a person may name their dog Abby originally, and by the time she turns 1, everyone in the house calls the dog by her nickname Milky Biscuit. Yup, you will many and even more hilarious examples like this in today’s post that we have got for you guys.
Today we will be enjoying the original-name-to-nickname spiral that exists in every household that owns a pet. The focus today will be on dogs, as you may have already guessed it by now. This one is going to be an emotional rollercoaster with both cuteness and hilarity filling your heart at the same time.
Scroll down below to enjoy some of the cutest, funniest nicknames given to dogs.
It all started when this Redditor asked the internet to share how their dog’s original name slowly turned into a nickname. The post went viral and received a lot of responses.
This person’s dog went from Bodhi to Bunny Boy.
1. From Arwen to Lady Fartwen, this dog has a lot of names.
2. From Kovu to freaking Awoo-woo.
3. How did Fred get derived from Winnie? We will never know.
4. I like the sound of Mr. Wubbington.
5. The journey from Sampson to Mr. Moon.
6. And even after having a thousand nicknames, he still recognizes his original name; Echo.
7. From Sebastian to Sabu.
8. Minnie to Chicken Legs? How?!
9. From Panko to Snug Nug. If you don’t know the transition process, you may not be able to derive a correlation between these two names.
10. He got the nickname Gus from his original name Severus thanks to a 3-year-old not being able to pronounce his name.
11. I am glad the “Fen” stuck around in every nickname.
12. Sullivan becomes The Velvet Hippo when he exhibits the vibes of a bully.
13. From Gertrude to GG to Elouise. Try figuring that one out.
14. From Tony to Blockhead. The Pittie must feel disgraced.
15. I might name my dog Floggendoggen.
Although these nickname spirals are too hilarious, I am also in awe. I mean, you call others by their nicknames because you feel a sense of affection for them. Nicknames signify belonging and you can tell how much these owners love their pets as they have given so many nicknames to just one animal. The ones I have read so far, I found the transition extremely hilarious. You could sense some form of a relation in some of them from the original name to the latest nickname but the others were just so out of the blue and random that you couldn’t help but laugh at them. What I love the most is that the pets still recognize their original names and still respond to them. This screams nothing but love.
Let’s enjoy some more original-to-nickname-spirals because I am loving it and I hope you guys are too. Scroll down below to continue!
16. This cat went from being called by his original name Charlie to his current nickname Buddy Roll.
These are the ones I am talking about. Initially, the transition makes sense but then it takes the most hilarious turn that makes zero sense.
17. Natsu and Thor are now Prelest and Tort, respectively.
18. From Lucy to Goosers.
19. It made sense from Sasha to Sushiki…but then Chunky? And the dog is highly responsive to that nickname as well. So funny and cute.
20. Belle and her brother Beau currently have their nicknames set as Belleberta Jones and Beau’tato.
21. This dog went through a full Pokemon evaluation. I love it.
22. Haggis is now Monkeybutt for some reason.
23. Goose kinda works with Lucy. Lucy Goose is a nickname we read just a few posts ago.
24. I like the sound of Gimster.
25. Jackson Daniels to Jack to JD all make sense. But then JD to Nugget to Mud Butt sounds like three different nicknames of three different dogs. I can’t with these people. So hilarious!
26. Basically anything but Skye Bear.
27. From RIlo to Peck, this dog has had many names.
28. I think they were potty training the dog when it got nicknamed pooper and pooper snooper.
They didn’t like puppy kitty so they brought innovation and changed it to kitty puppy.
29. From being called Winry to just Oui.
30. I am sure anyone who has been named Me Mi Mo hasn’t been impressed with their name.
I really hope you guys enjoyed this one. Don’t forget to share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Stay tuned for more stories!
“My friend decided to adopt sisters. This is how they sleep.”