A manager must be an expert in managing people because that will in turn allow the manager to properly manage the projects at hand. If a manager cannot manage his/her employees nor can he/she have a grip on the project she is assigned, you bet your bum that manager is going to suffer all the possible consequences there to be faced for mismanagement. That is exactly what happened with this terrible manager who took on a project but gave a competition deadline so short, the team working on it would never be able to do it on time.
And that is exactly what happened, besides OP telling the manager to complete the project in 3 months will not be possible, he still overworked all his employees to somehow have it done in time…and he absolutely failed at it. OP, who had already made the manager aware of their planned 3-week vacation was also made to work on their vacation. In response, OP decided to maliciously comply with his manager who asked OP to go on the trip but they are not allowed a vacation as they will have to work online. After beautifully playing the compliance game, OP handed in their 2-week notice with 1 week left in their vacation, after securing a job in a new company. The manager was left shocked.
Scroll down below to read!
1. OP had been working hard to grow in a company and based on their amazing performance, they finally got a project to own which they decided to do solo.
2. OP successfully completed the project and got rewarded with an award and a promise to be promoted with a higher salary but for that, they will have to work under a new manager who wasn’t known too well to cooperate.
3. OP started working under the new manager and was quick to let them know that they have a 3-week planned vacation in about 4 months…the manager was okay with it.
4. Overworking the employees for the whole week is not something any worker would enjoy.
5. The new manager is certainly not in the mood to give OP any promotion or raise…regardless there would still be no way to finish the project at hand in just 3 months.
6. OP started looking for other jobs and landed one that had a better job title and better pay.
7. Just 3 weeks before the planned vacation OP had gotten the acceptance for, the manager told them they couldn’t take a vacation and would have to work online while they are on the trip.
When I read “Cue MC” I got shivers down my spine. You just know it OP is going to make this manager remember what a big mistake he did by exploiting him. All the bad managers in the world should now know you don’t always get away with such stuff.
Let’s enjoy how OP decided to maliciously comply with their manager’s orders.
8. In their last week of vacation, OP decided to call their boss and gave their 2-week notice. Remember, they already had an acceptance from a new company and were ready to join after vacation.
9. The fate of all bad managers.
10. OP got promoted to his previous boss’ position. This is malicious compliance at its best.
Here’s what the internet had to say about this:
11. The situation was very well played.
Via u/fair-crimson, u/CoderJoe1
12. OP will break records in reaching new heights.
13. What a win!
I really hope you guys enjoyed this one. Don’t forget to share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Stay tuned for more stories!
“Drove 2260 miles to adopt this little sweetie, and it’s the best thing I have ever done. Reddit, meet 10-year-old Billie.”
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings