Working 40 hours a week for years without respect and appropriate benefits is practically impossible. Everyone who works is entitled to a reasonable amount of time off, especially for major life events like as marriage or childbirth. This is the time when then office should be cooperative to a loyal worker. I don’t understand why bosses and managers have to be least cooperative when they are expected to be helping. Something similar happened in our OP’s story.
When redditor u/WhoSc3w3dDaP00ch requested time off nearly two months in ahead for their honeymoon, their deadbeat manager (who was renowned for not reading crucial emails) neglected the request for weeks before eventually refusing the OP’s request. “Reconsider working here if you want to have a honeymoon,” the manager said. The OP complied with malice.
In a nutshell, when OP requested time off months in advance for their honeymoon, they were taken aback when their request was denied. If you want to know what OP did next following is the detailed story. Ever dealt with shitty managers at your end? If you did, this story is going to be relatable for you.
1. So here’s how the whole thing started. This manager was known for not answering important emails
2. The minimal minimum for managers is to read emails and attend meetings. Perhaps the OP’s supervisor should spend less time golfing and more time working.
3. You should be prepared for either conclusion if you give someone an ultimatum.
4. This guy can’t even handle his own actions’ consequences. He not only lost one employee for issuing an illogical ultimatum, but he also set his own team up for failure by ignoring OP’s demands to reallocate responsibilities.
5. Here’s what happened to the old undutiful manager when OP left the job. He got a better job who paid him for off weeks too
So now that you have read the whole story, it’s tome for you to read what our fellow Redditors had to say on this. Without any surprise, all of them were on OP’s side and bursted out with funniest comments. Want to see for yourself? Keep scrolling down below.
“Bad managers never win in the long run,” nearly everyone agreed in the comments. For the sake of all the angry employees out there, we hope this is true.
We all know that the manager f*cked around and he even knew that himself. If he had not been such a pain in the ass in the start and gave our guy some good holidays, he would have been at advantage. But poor guy decided to be himself and get himself in trouble. It’s said rightly that you have to pay for your actions.
Ever had any similar experience with a shitty boss and made them suffer late like our bad guy? Well, if you have any similar stories, do share them with us. Share it with your family and friends if you liked this story If you want more exciting content to read, like, share and stay connected with defused.