In this situation, there is a clear breakdown in communication and responsibility among the family members involved. Jess, a 30-year-old stay-at-home mom with a 5-year-old stepson, has developed a routine of asking her mother to come over every Monday to watch her stepchild. However, when her mother went out of town, Jess turned to her sibling, who declined the request as they had other obligations. What transpired afterward is a point of contention.
The situation escalated when Jess left her stepson home alone, without informing her husband, who expected her to be taking care of the child. This lack of communication and the resulting confrontation between Jess and her husband further strained their relationship. Additionally, when Jess’s sibling mentioned the regular Monday visits from their mother to her husband, it added fuel to the fire, leading to a significant argument within the family.
So what are you waiting for? Keep on scrolling down below to see what happened next and make sure to read it till the end. Otherwise, you won’t be able to let us know whether OP is an A-hole or not.
1. OP told users that her sister is married and has a 5-year-old stepson and she is a full-time caretaker of her child
2. OP’s sister would call her mother every Monday to get over to the house and watch her stepkid for a few hours
3. OP’s sister called her to come and look after her stepchild because her mother went out of town but OP declined as she had to go and study
4. OP received a call from her brother-in-law asking where her sister was because when BIL came home he found his son all by himself, OP told him him the conversation she had with her.
5. OP’s sister came to her and started yelling at OP and said she sent her a text message on Facebook that she would be gone and she needed to watch her stepson but OP didn’t see that message moreover, she accused OP of deliberately exposing her to her husband.
6. As OP told her husband that her mother comes every Monday to look after the kids it caused a huge fight between them, she even accused OP of being petty and selfish.
7. Now OP wants to know if she’s an A-hole
8. OP told viewers that she has no idea where she goes every Monday
9. Here comes the update
10. This user said OP is NTA and wanted to ask if her sister is having an affair or if she’s a drug addict but OP didn’t know, and she guessed her mom knows.
11. Clearly OP is NTA it was her sole responsibility to watch over the kid and the fact she left that kid alone is not justifiable
12. You cannot count on someone who is not willing to do your thing, OP is absolutely NTA.
13. Exactly, it’s very fishy of her to go leaving his kid all alone.
14. Users are curious to know what she does every Monday
16. Literally everyone said OP is NTA
17. This user made a point, indeed a point to be noted.
Let us know what you think about this post in the comment section below and don’t forget to like and share it with your friends and family. Stay tuned with Defused for more content. Thank You!