In this unfolding family drama, the impending wedding has brought to light some tensions between the bride’s desire for independence and the presence of her soon-to-be in-laws. The in-laws, visiting from another country, are staying in the bride and groom’s home, with the bride and groom sleeping in the guest bedroom upstairs while the injured mother-in-law and father-in-law occupy the downstairs bedroom. OP, who values her autonomy, is growing increasingly frustrated with her limited access to her room and clean clothes, especially as she doesn’t require as much sleep as her in-laws and dislikes disturbing them while they rest.
The situation becomes even more complex with the groom’s absence for several days due to wedding-related errands and his bachelor party. This leaves the bride to handle the wedding preparations, clean up after her in-laws, be a gracious host, manage her job, and file taxes, all while suffering from severe exhaustion and morning sickness due to her recent pregnancy revelation. These added stressors are causing her to feel more irritable. Her request for her in-laws to wake up early on the wedding day to give her access to her belongings, however, has sparked a disagreement with her fiancé, who feels she is being unreasonable.
Now OP wants to know if she’s an A-hole for asking her fiance to make his parents get up early, Make sure to read it till the end.
1. OP is 32 years old and she’s getting married to a man who is 34 years old
2. OP’s in-laws are visiting and they are from another country moreover, OP’s MIL got injured so OP made her MIL and FIL stay in their bedroom while they were sleeping in the guest bedroom.
3. OP said that she’s not fond of not having access to her room
4. OP said that she doesn’t sleep a lot while her fiance’s parents are opposite, they are living in her room. Due to this, she has to wait for like 4 to 5 hours every day to get her things from the room.
5. OP feels like a guest in her room due to this and she has to walk on tiptoes to not disturb anyone, lately it has been stressful for OP as she has to make all the arrangements for the marriage.
6. OP recently found out that she is 9 weeks pregnant, she’s feeling terrible exhaustion and is more irritable because she is nauseous all the time
7. OP spoke to her fiance and asked him to tell his parents to wake up earlier so she doesn’t have to wait for hours to access her things but the fiance took it offensive and called her selfish
8. Now OP wants to know if she’s an A-hole for wanting her MIL and FIL to wake up earlier so she can access her bedroom
9. OP told the viewers that currently she’s frustrated due to her clothing issue
10. Now the thing is OP wants her master bathroom for the wedding morning because her friends are going to do her makeup and hair but the upstairs bathroom fits only one person
13. OP said that currently she’s not on Accutane as it is very dangerous to take while you are pregnant
14. Here’s the update to the post
15. OP’s in-laws agreed to stay at OP’s parents place
16. OP and her fiance fought and she snapped at him because he left coffee and food which made OP vomit but the fiance’s response was not something OP was hoping for
17. And when OP asked him if he was serious he replied yes and then again OP asked him if he was serious the reply was the same
18. OP told him that since he doesn’t want to marry her he could have his ring back and she gave it back to him
19. OP is currently devastated as she never expected anything like this to happen and she hasn’t heard anything from him yet
20. OP thanked the viewers for their well wishes and she even said that she’s doing okay
21. According to this user OP is not an A-hole and he suggested they could have stayed elsewhere
22. Definitely NTA
23. Almost everyone had the same response in which they said OP isn’t the A-hole
24. Weddings are not easy and if you think it is then you are wrong
Let us know what you think about this wedding story in the comment section below and don’t forget to like and share it with your friends and family. Stay tuned with Defused for more content. Thank You!