There is so much in a movie that gets deleted before they reach the big screens.
Before a movie goes into post-production, the rough cut of a movie can be anywhere from 4 to 10 hours long. As a fan, anyone would want to get their hands on the cut but the truth is, that version of the film is basically bits and bobs all over the place that requires a huge level of modification in order for the final product to be turned into the 2-hour beauty that we get to see on the cinema screens. Once a movie is complete to the satisfaction of the post-production team and the movie makers, the whole project is then reviewed. At times, the film is shown before release to a set of a small audience in a few theatres. The audience members have to sign a non-disclosure agreement or NDA and the moviemakers do this to avoid any leaks before the big release date. The reactions to every scene put in that final cut are observed and then decisions are taken regarding deleting and keeping scenes. Scenes that get disgruntled looks or are not up to the satisfaction of the review team or the audience are deleted from the movie. The movie media does manage to get hands on the news and always criticize the filmmakers for deleting key scenes, but according to the makers deleting scenes is necessary to create a product they believe would be best for the audience they wish to target.
Today we will be looking at 11 scenes that were deleted from kids’ movies because they ended up being too inappropriate for the target audience. Let’s put our Sherlock jackets on and see for ourselves if the scenes were inappropriate enough to remove or not.
Scroll down below to enjoy!
1. There is a deleted scene from the live-action Scooby-Doo movie where Daphne confesses to Fred that she used to fake all her orgasms while in bed with him. The scene seemed inappropriate for a kids movie, and the moviemakers mutually decided to remove it from the final cut.
2. There existed a scene in the original cut where Velma and Daphne shared a kiss. The actresses confirmed they filmed a kiss scene but the scene was deleted for being inappropriate for kids.
3. Here’s another from the Scooby-Doo movie. In the scene where Scoob, Shaggy, and Mary Jane are going to Spooky Island, both Scooby and Fred try to take a peek at Mary’s breasts. The scene was removed but is available on the internet.
4. There was a scene from Zootopia that would’ve shown Judy and Nick at a taming party. Apparently, the animals would’ve been seen wearing shock collars, and every time anyone would get overly emotional, they would get shocked. This would’ve been something very insensitive to be shown on the big screen and hence was not included.
5. According to the original script of Bambi, Bambi’s mother was going to be shown shot dead and then dragged down by the hunter who killed her. Disney decided it was not appropriate for their target audience and the part was rewritten.
I think the movie makers did a good job removing the scenes. It didn’t really feel right having these scenes in and really does feel inappropriate for movies made especially for kids. But wow, it really was interesting to know how filmmakers really had no filters and would literally include anything. Thanks to whoever introduced the concept of review.
Scroll down below to continue!
6. In the movie The Santa Clause there was a scene in which Scott cracked a joke involving Neil’s mother. Her phone number was 1-800-77265-63 which if you convert it into words would come out to 1-800-SPANK-ME. The joke was considered very dirty and the scene was removed from the early cut.
7. In a deleted scene from the movie Home Alone, Kevin’s uncle put his pants on for him. No wonder why this scene wasn’t included.
8. In the movie WIlly Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, there was going to be a scene that would show a chicken being decapitated. For being too gruesome for a kids movie, the scene was not added in the final cut.
9. In the original The Lion King movie, there was a scene in one of the early cuts that showed Scar was the reason why Nala went into the forest. The scene was even going to show Scar forcing Nala to marry him and cementing his fear in her heart by saying he gets whatever he wants.
10. There was a scene deleted from Back To The Future that showed a concerned Marty about him turning gay in the future.
11. The Lion King was going to have a very different ending but the producers decided to drop it. In that ending, Scar after winning against Simba would through him off the cliff but Simba would survive. The flames on the Pride Rock would then engulf Scar and he would die thinking that he had completed his mission by killing Simba but that was not what happened.
I really hope you guys enjoyed this one. What do you guys think? Should these scenes have been deleted or not? Share your thoughts and opinions in the comments section down below.
Stay tuned for more!