Many of us saw cartoons on television and in theatres as children, so the anticipation of a new Disney movie opening in theatres may keep us awake for days. Princesses made appearances in some of the most beloved and well-remembered films, but over time, they have altered and evolved to match the needs of the modern world.
We at Bright Side have produced a list of some of the oddest and lesser-known facts about Disney princesses in the hopes that it would make people smile as well as bring back memories.
1. Glove-wearing princesses were not born into aristocracy.
2. We know that very few princesses wear pants and we love it.
3. The youngest and “oldest” princesses are these two.
4. A genuine person is the inspiration for this Princess.
5. There is no prince to accompany these three princesses.
6. Only one princess has brothers and we all know who.
7. Belle borrows the Sleeping Beauty scenario and dance moves.
7. The setting and dance moves from Sleeping Beauty are reused by Belle.
9. Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz has a major stylistic influence on Princess Belle’s outfit and hairdo.
10. Mulan is not a princess, despite popular belief, we love her for her simplicity and character
11. Cinderella loses her shoe three times rather than just one.
12. The only princess with an on-screen daughter is this one.
13. Only one Disney princess really kisses the story’s villain.
14. Two of them possess magical abilities (Elsa and Rapunzel).
15. Rapunzel has both the longest and shortest hair of any princess.
16. Only Pocahontas and Anna, among all the princesses, experienced double love.
17. We got to see every princess in their most contemporary style.
Thoughts on this? Share your feedback in the comment section. For more interesting content, keep coming back to us!