Reddit user u/kickedfromfuneral shared a story about his mother’s funeral and the events that took place on that day that forced him to have his mother’s family kicked out. He shared that his mother used to live with him and his girlfriend and she passed away because of cancer. OP’s mom never had a great relationship with her parents and her brother. They would call OP a “devil child”. Still, though, OP allowed them to come to the funeral being, which showcased him as the bigger person.
The mother’s family didn’t respect the funeral of their daughter one bit, and as soon as they arrived they started going off on OP for k*lling their daughter and whatnot. From the mother, the berating got taken over by the father and the brother, the family just kept behaving terribly with OP.
After losing his patience, he finally got his mother’s family kicked out of the funeral. This resulted in his extended family being divided with everyone having multiple views on what happened.
Scroll down below to read the story!
1. What did they do that made her kick her mom’s family out on such a day? Let’s find out.
2. OP’s mother used to live with him and his girlfriend so they could support her. However, she soon passed away due to breast cancer.
3. OP’s mom didn’t have a really good relationship with her own family. They used to associate terrible terms with OP as well.
4. When the mom’s family came to the funeral, they started going off at OP for k*lling their girl. He witnessed it himself, his grandma calling him a “devil child”.
5. Not an easy thing to absorb. Anyone would break down.
6. The mom’s father and her brother continued on with the as*ault on OP blaming him entirely for her de*th.
7. OP went to his mom’s ex-boyfriend and his wife and asked them to please kick her mom’s family out of the funeral.
8. I am happy the two mutually ended things on happy terms with one thought in mind that the break up would benefit them both in the long run.
9. The mom’s ex and his wife have been great with OP. He treats OP like his son.
The worst word in the dictionary, OP’s mom’s family would be declared even worse than that. They were at a funeral, for God’s sake. The taunts could’ve waited. They did that to their own daughter’s own son. My goodness, this was a terrible show of behavior. Jake shouldn’t waste a second in getting that terrible family kicked out of the house. They do not deserve to be at their own daughter’s funeral.
Let’s see what happens next. Scroll down below to continue reading!
10. Jake abided and asked security to escort the mom’s family out. Those who did not like this also left.
11. Some relatives were of the view that OP’s reaction was understandable., but they still didn’t pick a side.
12. The rest of them supported OP and called OP’s mom’s family members major a$$holes for how they behaved with OP.
13. The whole situation has caused the extended family to divide.
14. Because OP felt he overreacted, he decided to take the case to the courts of the AITA community.
Here’s what the AITA community had to say about this:
15. Not one bit.
16. Your mom did her best to keep you protected from those devils as much as she could.
17. And by disrespectful bullsh*t, I think this person means “the mother’s whole family”.
18. They could’ve kept their mouths shut on those specific days. It was the day to pay respect to the departed soul, the soul of their own daughter.
I really hope you guys enjoyed this one. Don’t forget to share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Stay tuned for more stories!
“My dog’s beauty is sometimes hard to capture on camera.”