When you live in someone else’s house, it is not okay that you start complaining about everything. Especially when it is an apartment with neighbors all around. They will live in their own way and they will never change their way of living because someone else who doesn’t even live there wants to live in peace.
Reddit user u/cheapapartmenty shared she lives in a very budget apartment with very little soundproofing. A lot of sound and noise comes from her neighbors’ apartments but she has learned to live with it. She also makes noise at times so it is a two-way thing and she realizes that. However, whenever OP’s boyfriend would come to live at her apartment, he would get extremely annoyed with the noise coming from the other neighbors’ apartments. He would keep telling OP to call the neighbors and ask them to keep it down but OP would always say no as the noise wouldn’t annoy her.
After hearing him complaining again and again every time he would come to stay at OP’s house, she finally decided to confront him.
Scroll down below to read how it all went down!
1. Let’s find out!
2. OP got together with a guy and had very little hope that the relationship would work because of the age gap.
3. OP’s apartment is, sort of, a budget house. The floors make terrible sounds as you walk on it.
4. OP has gotten used to the sounds and noises coming from her neighbors’ apartments.
5. OP realizes it goes both ways as when she plays music or her friends are over, sounds go out from her apartment as well.
6. When OP’s boyfriend started coming over to her apartment frequently, he would keep complaining about the neighbors making noise.
7. One time when they went to bed at 10 p.m., a neighbor had his TV on and OP’s boyfriend wanted her to call the guy and tell him to turn the volume down. OP told him she didn’t think the guy was being loud at all.
8. The same night at 4 a.m., the boyfriend got irritated with the noise coming from the upstairs neighbor.
9. At 7 a.m. he got irritated by the noise from the neighbor on the other side. The boyfriend couldn’t sleep all night.
10. Basically everyone else in the house living their life was considered noise by OP’s boyfriend when he would be there.
11. This behavior of her boyfriend frustrated OP a lot and she finally confronted her boyfriend.
That is too much complaining coming from the boyfriend’s side. I mean, he has to adjust if he wants to live in his girlfriend’s house. You can’t tell others to change their way of living because it irritates you. If he wants to sleep peacefully, he can either take OP with him to his house or buy her a new house, away from loud noises.
Second of all, I don’t think this should’ve been a relationship in the first place. The age gap is something we cannot ignore, it is a lot. There is so much difference in mentality between those two age brackets. I think OP’s boyfriend is going to continue being annoying and she should end things with him as soon as she can because I do not see any compatibility in this relationship.
Let’s see what happens next. Scroll down below to continue reading!
12. OP shared she had no issues with her neighbors, in fact, she loved them all.
14. OP cleared to her boyfriend he cannot date a young girl but at the same time a woman who owns a big, comfortable house for him to live in.
15. He got really mad when OP brought in the age gap as if she touched upon an issue he really thought she would never consider. No sane person would ever ignore such a big age gap.
16. OP rested her case before the AITA community to know if her confronting her boyfriend made her wrong or not.
Here’s what the internet had to say about this:
17. Exactly! He would’ve been thrown out.
18. This relationship has no chance.
19. Best advice. Stay away from that guy.
20. He knew he was wrong. That is why he got so angry as soon as OP called him out.
I really hope you guys enjoyed this one. Don’t forget to share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Stay tuned for more stories!
“This is how my cats sleep.”