It goes without saying that weddings are stressful events since there is so much pressure on the happy couple to live up to unrealistic expectations. The dress typically ranks at the top of the list of the many crucial choices women must make when organizing one of the happiest days of their lives.
It might be difficult to find the ideal dress that complements your personality and makes you feel and appear beautiful. You can only imagine this woman’s rage, though, when she finally finds one only to learn that her fiancé returned it without your consent.
A 28-year-old bride-to-be recently posted in the well-known AITA subreddit, “I hate to admit that wedding planning has been an absolute misery.” She sought advice from the public to determine if it was appropriate for her to lash out at her fiancé for refusing to make concessions to his mother’s unreasonable demands. It turned out that the woman had a very clear “vision” for the big day and wouldn’t accept anything less. You can read the complete account of the nosy mother-in-law and the swift judgment readers made below. Then, make your own judgment about whether the incident was handled properly, and don’t forget to contribute to the topic in the comments! Below is the story by OP in her own words. Also, dont forget to read the comments of the Redditors at the end of the post. Scroll down to have a good time.
1. This is the crux of the story. OP’s MIL and her did not get along very well
2. Fiance’s mom was unwilling to agree on wedding things
3. The MIL kept making problematic comments during the wedding shopping
4. OP did not like the dress MIL picked and told her that she wont get it
5. MIL got annoyed at the fact that OP did not liek the wedding dress
6. The fiance got upset and said the whole thing is a turn off and OP should buy the dress MIL liked
7. The fiance exchnaged the dress with what the mother wanted which infuriated OP but the fiance asked to give it a chance
8. OP just could not take it and kept on arguing it that she would not wear it but the fiance insisted that the mother want their good
9. The fiance is still reluctant to let go of the dress and OP kept screaming at him as she did not want the dress, asks the reddit community AITA over this?
10. Here are some edits
11. Edit 2
12. Edit 3
You that you have read the story. it’s time for you to see what Redditors had to say on this. It is obvious that the MIL was being unreasonable and reacted for no reason. The fiance should udnertand the whole situation and not force OP to wear that dress. Read till the end to see what are other people’s opinions on this. Don’t forget to share your own opinion at the end of this article too.
14. That’s true
15. I agree with this
16. Same thoughts
17. Exactly that
19. Danger alert
What is your take on the story? Do you agree with the behavior that OP showed? What would you do if you were in her situation? I think the fiance should have understood in the first place that his mother is being unreasonable. There should be no compromise made on this. If you want to read more such articles on our website, keep visiting us!
Here’s a tax for you.
Though it’s most widely known as Chinese lantern and is native to Asia and southern Europe, Physalis alkekengi isn’t beholden to one culture. It’s called Hozuki in Japan, where festivals centered around the plant use the seeds as offerings to guide the dead, or simply celebrate the plant’s decorative husks.
In a Perso-Arabic traditional medicine called Unani (“Greek” in Urdu), medicinal use of the plant draws upon Hippocrates’ ancient teachings as well as the writings of Persia’s “Father of Medicine,” Ibn Sīnā (a.k.a. Avicenna, 980 – 1037).