As parents, it is not possible to keep all kids happy all the time.
Parenting is a serious job, if you think it is as simple as having a baby and it will magically grow up every year, you are very wrong. The whole process of upbringing is a proper responsibility that requires compromise, patience, and hard work. Now ideally, every parent who has more than one children want to make sure they love all of them equally and keep them all happy. But, reality can often be far from ideal. There often come situations or circumstances where you just cannot keep all your children happy. You don’t intend to hurt your kids but you cannot avoid it either. One mother faced this issue and she decided to turn to the Reddit community to get advice and ideas.
Reddit user u/familyheirloom321231 basically broke family tradition and denied their daughter a family heirloom and is now wondering whether she was right to do that or wrong.
Scroll down below to read through the story!
1. If you read just the title and not the story, this does sound like a classic matter of discrimination and inequality but let’s see.
2. That is such an amazing family tradition, I was I was part of this family.
So according to the family tradition, the person next in line for the diamond necklace is Jessica.
3. Nothing wrong in wearing the necklace, it is a materialistic object after all which anyone can use as a fashion item.
Sounds like the mother is a really nice person for letting her little one use the necklace.
4. Hold on a minute, why exactly would Susan be preferred over Jessica when Jessica is clearly the older one of the two.
Yeah, we all want to know why won’t Jessica get that diamond necklace?
5. Yeah exactly, that’s what I am wondering. Why did you just randomly ignore the fact that you have another daughter who is older than Susan and eligible for the family heirloom.
6. “Circumstances”. I think we can all see where this is going and it has somewhat started to make sense.
7. The two sisters clashed on something that is literally worthless when compared to relationships and bonds, and perhaps Jessica being transgender could be why the mother didn’t go for her.
8. So confused and worried, she posed it to us whether she was a bum for not giving that diamond necklace to Jessica but Susan.
I think the mother is NTA. If you think about it, Jessica voluntarily chose to become a transgender female from a male, something we refer to as an mtf (male to female). She did is 4 years ago so she was 16 at that time and was a male too. 4 years ago Susan was 13 but was a female so technically the heir to the diamond necklace out of 3 children should have been Susan. Jessica wasn’t born female or at least that’s not what she was referred to as. Mother followed the pact she had made with herself from the very beginning and Susan fully deserved that necklace, Jessica was being rude for no reason.
Here’s what the internet said about the matter:
9. Exactly my point, Jessica suddenly chose to switch gender and being older gave her an unfair advantage which the mother ignored and kept Susan the priority.
10. Jessica basically had plans to steal the spotlight from Susan. That would make anyone angry.
What is your say on the matter? Now is your time to vote. Share your thoughts and votes in the comments section down below.