Parenting is a very challenging process. No matter what happens, the parents have to safeguard the interest of their children, and make sure they are happy, healthy, and enjoying life. In order for this to happen you might have to say “no” to some people. But the problem here is that many people don’t know how to accept “no” for an answer. In such a case, fights erupt as you as a parent of your child would naturally want to be on their side.
In today’s story, we have a mother who shared on the infamous subreddit “Am I The A$$hole?” She has an autistic son who likes to collect toys and he literally has almost every toy you could think of in his collection. He likes that his stuff stays organized and nobody touches it. Unfortunately, when OP’s friends’ children or her nephews come over, the first thing they do is ambush her son’s room and start playing with his toys. And they end up literally trashing everything in the room by breaking the toys, leaving them in the worst possible condition.
In order to avoid this from happening again, OP put a lock on her son’s room so no kid could enter. She got declared an AH by the parents of all those kids.
Scroll down below to read how it all went down!
1. OP’s autistic son has a big collection of toys that he likes to keep organized at all times.
2. Unfortunately every time children come over to the house they run to OP’s child’s room and trash all his toys, creating a complete mess.
3. Being fed up with how the kids would ruin the whole room every time, she officially told all kids that they are not allowed in her son’s room anymore.
4. OP put some toys in the living room, not her kid’s, for all the others children to play with when they come over but that didn’t work. They wanted her son’s toys because they were better.
5. OP was never going to crack under the pressure of “you are not teaching him to share” because she wanted to support the fact that people should be strong enough to take “no” for an answer.
6. OP is never inviting those kids to her house anymore.
OP was NTA in this story. Going to someone’s house and breaking all their stuff is not a behavior that should be positively reinforced, it should be discouraged. And in order for it to not happen again OP took great measures. I would never allow such families into my house in the first place.
People really need to understand what the term “no” means and must develop the courage to accept no as an answer.
Here is what the internet had to say about this:
7. Only allow those kids if their parents agree to replace all the toys every single time.
8. OP’s kid is ready to share his toys just not the special ones. But the other kids just don’t have any concept of “no”.
9. Put the room back in place and you are welcome to the house.
10. I know right? They are so disrespectful.
I really hope you guys enjoyed this one. Don’t forget to share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Stay tuned for more stories!
“The best part of waking up is dog toys in your cup.”
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings