It’s really common how people join organizations and leave because of their managers.
Working for the bare minimum, a place that provides you with no benefits, where your hard work is left unappreciated; a work environment that is so toxic, which literally drains, and exhausts you of your energy. And to top it all off, finding yourself working under a boss who is the last person you would want to work under. But, we’ve all been there; we all had to or will, at least once in our lives, go through that grueling experience of pretending to be happy, because there is nothing exciting or desirable about the work, standing for six to eight hours for nothing or listening to the complaints of horribly entitled customers bothering you constantly asking to see the managers, availing every opportunity to make your day worse.
There are many factors that help add up to the lack of willingness and desperation at a workplace; however, the biggest problem an employee can face is bad bosses. Bad bosses are a particular problem for good, decent, and dedicated employees, either by being narcissistic or unable to keep their aggression under control and constantly lashing out at the employees. There are certainly many more ways bosses can drive their employees crazy.
We have compiled for you just the best examples, thanks to folks from a Twitter thread where they have shared their frustration of working under such a leader. So, without further ado let’s scroll down and take a look.
1. This isn’t what I want to do with my life…
2. “It seems like you don’t have any loyalty or commitment to this company”
3. “I don’t” (:
3. Wait what??? Was he for real…
4. It’s really not worth it.
5. Went through the same literally every day, it was so frustrating.
6. Then what purpose does it serve us to be here.
7. “Is everything okay at home? you cant talk to me..”
8. Did they really expect us to prioritize our jobs over family, unbelievable.
9. YES! Don’t expect us to be invested in your company if you can’t even respect us and scream and yell at us all day.
10. Identifying your emotional exhaustion is so important
11. Good for him, clearly it’s so much better to be in a place where your hard work is appreciated.
12. “You need to show me that you really want this” No, thank you!
13. It’s literally so annoying when they do it without any prior notice. Like we have a life outside work. Don’t expect us to be there whenever you feel like it!
15. My manager gave me the same speech. I was a customer relations officer, working a below minimum wage job, had to travel for an hour, just to get there, and to hear him say that we are the same.
I have a similar story to this one, so I applied for a job in a cinema near my residence and I was hired, but after a week they transferred me to another branch which was quite far from where I live so obviously went to my general manager and told him about my situation and I would need allowance if they want me to work in this branch because I can’t afford to work on a below bare minimum wage it wasn’t feasible. To which he said that he had to travel a long distance to get here; so if he can do it, why am I complaining about it. Like, dude, you’re the general manager; if my salary was even anything close to yours; I wouldn’t be here asking for an allowance.
16. The nerve of this guy.
17. They would definitely, without a second thought.
18. The audacity of this manager.
19. Put your heart and would into washing.
21. I QUIT!!!
I am fuming right now after reading all these tweets. The audacity of these managers acting like their employees owes them something. Absolutely horrible, how many managers violate their employees with such unprofessional maniacal behavior. Give respect to gain respect; you can’t expect people to put all their energy into working a job that in return has nothing valuable to offer.
22. Minimum wage means minimum effort.
23. You gotta put your heart into it if you want to win that gold medal.
24. Who gave him the idea that it’s okay to talk to someone about their weight at work like that?
25. Never believe their lies.
26. “I am a fair Leader” first time interacting with their employee, yup, that’s a sign of great leadership.
27. Don’t worry, you did great.
28. “Not convincing enough”
29. What did they expect???
30. Jesus CHRIST!
31. “Too eager to leave”
Let us know in the comments if you have had any bad experiences at your workplace because of your manager. And do come back for more interesting and entertaining stuff.