Was it divine intervention, or their gut decision that saved them?
You’re walking down a street, spaced out, lost in your thoughts, about to cross the street when suddenly you had a gut feeling to stop. Then, seconds later, a car burst, through the red light and flipped over and crashed. It would have killed us for sure. You would’ve been run over if it wasn’t for your fast reflexives, which helped you make a quick decision, and you managed to dodge a massive bullet which probably would’ve turned out to be quite fatal. No, I am not referring to a scene from a movie; sometimes things escalate very quickly, jumping from zero to hundreds in an instant. We’ve all had some close calls, and you might wonder what could’ve gone wrong if you were not so lucky just how bad things would have turned out to be.
A close call, or as some might refer to it, a near-miss incident, may happen by chance; or it could be the result of any equipment failure or not, following established safety rules. Whatever the reason may be, you start to value your life more after your brush with death, and it’s up to the individual to share their near-death experience with people.
We have found some individuals from Reddit, who have shared their near-death experiences. And believe me, these are not scenes taken from the movie “Final Destination”, these people have gone through their traumatic experiences and luckily enough, by some miracle or because of a gut decision lived to tell the story. So let’s start reading without further delay.
1. I love that his mum believed him and made him hot chocolate.
2. Teenagers are some of the least trustworthy people to have access to guns.
3. It’s scarier when you learn that swallowing glass is pretty common.
4. This guy’s gut decision ended up saving his friend.
5. This is pretty absurd.
6. Medical negligence is a very serious offense.
7. It really bothers me how people just leave their stuff in the middle of the road.
8. Yikes! I am glad everyone was okay.
9. Literally a gut feeling…
10. That’s a close call for sure.
What if the guy pushing a chain of carts hadn’t stopped for a split second to wonder why it went dark for a sudden and kept moving, or the kid had accidentally pulled the trigger while aiming at his friend, just thinking about the gruesome outcome that might’ve occurred gives me goosebumps. Keep scrolling to read more stories from people who have had similar near-death or life-threatening experiences.
11. We need more people like this in our society.
12. Donnie Darko with a happy ending.
13. Literally dodged a bullet there.
14. This is why I never borrow someone else’s equipment.
15. Literal scumbags, a good thing they broke it off in time.
16. Certainly if it had hit, you’d have been screwed.
17. At least she is recovering.
18. This is viciously cruel to the partner and to the kids.
19. See, this is why I don’t work out.
20. How do you shoot bullets out of pliers?
Whew! After reading these stories, I definitely will be more careful from now on in my everyday tasks. Even the simple task of tying your shoes can lead to your death if the stars are not aligned in your favor, and these Redditor stories prove that it can happen. Have you ever had a life-threatening experience like this in your life, that totally changed your outlook on life and gave you extreme paranoia? Let us know in the comments down below.