People who don’t accommodate those in need always learn it the tough way.
Why is it so hard to get an easy task done these days? Things used to be so simple back in the days but now we, ourselves, have decided to overcomplicate everything for ourselves. I remember back in the old times my father, if he would have any bank-related issues, would just go to his bank and get all the matters resolved. He would be accommodated by one employee and that would be all. Nowadays, they have departmentalized things so much. I recently went to my bank to get an issue resolved and they told me you will have to call our main helpline and people at the head office will help you resolve the matter over the phone. I am not a fan of this.
Today’s story touches upon the similar underlying topic of irrelevant complexities. A patient went to the hospital and requested the receptionist book an appointment for them. They had been doing it like this previously. But this time the receptionist refused to book them in by saying they only take appointments over the phone. The patient, confused, but smartly decided to maliciously comply and booked an appointment there and then by calling the receptionist over the phone.
Let’s enjoy this hilarious story of a patient complying with the receptionist. You would love their reaction. Scroll down to enjoy!
1. Receptionist didn’t accommodate a patient who then worked by their rules in a malicious way.
2. OP went to surgery to get an appointment booked in person, the way they had been doing it in the past as well.
3. But this time they were told they couldn’t book an appointment in person. Weird.
4. Apparently they only take appointments over the phone and there’s no other possible way to book one.
5. Clearly there was something wrong with the receptionist.
6. You only book by phone? Well, let’s book by phone.
7. The patient maliciously complied and the receptionist could do nothing but book an appointment.
8. This is beautiful. I wish I could see the look on the receptionist’s face.
9. Case well dealt with, patient.
10. There really was seriously something wrong with that receptionist that day.
11. The receptionist probably had a really bad night back at home.
This was very confusing. That is because when OP showed up the next time they booked him in person without giving any trouble. I am actually very curious as to why did the receptionist behave that way. Anyways, this malicious compliance was absolutely amazing and I really enjoyed it. I just wish I could’ve been there in person to see the reactions of that receptionist when the patient called them. Would’ve been an amazing moment to cherish forever.
Here are some responses to the story:
12. We all wish the same.
13. This fully is.
14. He did exactly what the receptionist asked him to do.
15. It was a very confusing situation, indeed.
I really hope you guys enjoyed this one. Don’t forget to share your thoughts in the comments section down below.
Stay tuned for more stories!