The desire to bring animals into our homes is so ubiquitous that it’s easy to think of it as a universal characteristic of human nature. However, not everyone has a long history of pet ownership. Even in today’s world, there are a large number of people who have no particular affection for animals, whether they are kept as pets or not. However, there are some people who believe they would be unable to coexist with pets, but when given the opportunity to do so, they develop a strong link with their animals that is both loving and caring.
There are two types of people who are commonly encountered. People who want to have pets and people who don’t want to have pets. However, there are those people who simply despise the idea of owning pets, but once they do, they fall head over heels in love with them and would give anything in the world to have them as a companion. Here we have collected a list of people who never wanted pets but now they never leave their pets alone!
1. This dog is now a family member.
“’A dog will never be allowed in my car or on my bed.’ – my dad”
2. The cat adopted him.
“My 79-year-old dad went from ’I don’t want that cat.’ to carrying her to ’her room’ for bed each night.”
3. No one can resist the cuteness of dogs!
“My mom used to say, ’That dog is never staying in my house.’ ”
4. The dad definitely didn’t need much convincing!
“Found a lost dog and convinced my parents to watch her while we looked for her owner. An hour after dropping her off, my mom sent me this.”
5. That is the most innocent-looking dog!
“My mom went out for a new fish tank filter and came home with this little lady.”
6. There’s a lot being said with those eyes.
“My father who adamantly ’didn’t want another cat’ called my phone to ask me to turn off the bath because he was busy.”
7. People who say they hate cats end up loving them the most.
“Dad was always telling me how much he hates my cat. Came to visit for the holiday and found them like this.”
8. This is such a peaceful and wholesome moment!
“I present to you, my dad who didn’t ever want another dog.”
9. He looks like such a well-behaved doggo.
“After swearing to never own another dog, my stepdad just took in this stray that followed him home last night.”
10. The soft expression on the kitten’s face says a lot.
“This is my dad who ’hates cats’ and ’will never have a cat in his house’ cuddling with our kitten.”
11. Dogs tend to bring out the best in people.
“My dad is ’not a dog person’… Here he is with my dog on the way to the beach.”
12. The best way to spend some quality time.
“My dad (who didn’t like cats) and my cat watching TV”
13. Dogs know how to coax affection from their owners!
“’We’re never getting a dog.’ – my mom for 2 decades”
14. This has got to be one of the most heartwarming photographs ever taken!
“My dad won’t admit it, but I think he likes the kittens my sister is raising.”
15. This cat is definitely living its best life!
“Never wanted a cat growing up and now I don’t know what I’d do without him. Meet Fletcher!”
16. The feelings of affection appear to be mutual!
“When he was a puppy, my mom refused to even touch him for months. Now, she cooks and gives him sweet potatoes every day.”
17. One of the most endearing scenes ever recorded.
“My grandma who didn’t want a cat”
18. As they say “There is a thin line between love and hate”.
“My dad hated cats and was pissed when I brought her home, but now, 3 years later, he’s showing her cat videos while she sits in his lap. She also sleeps with him every night.”
19. OP managed to capture this picture at the perfect moment.
“My dad went from ’I don’t like cats’ to claiming my sister’s kitten as his own.”
Bonus: Absolutely love the gentleness of this moment!
“After 4 years of begging, my mom finally let my dad get a puppy!”
These were unquestionably some of the purest and most innocent moments ever captured. Do you have some heartwarming pictures of someone who used to despise pets but now can’t imagine their life without them?! If you have any, share them with us.