We love a fraud being called out for their doings.
I cannot even count the number of times I have seen people try to fraud others for freebies, for some immediate gain in general. Let me make this very clear for everyone, the immediate gain is basically a long-term loss. Your entire basis of money generation is incorrect if you think extorting money from different companies will one day make you a billionaire. No, you won’t be able to digest the countless losses you will suffer, in some other area of life, due to this wrongdoing.
Some people are so entitled that they don’t even consider that their wrongdoings might actually get caught. And that is mainly because they manage to get away with it, generate some money, and get some free food from a restaurant in exchange for a good review. This gives them the confidence to go big and when they do, they fall twice as quickly compared to how long it took them to climb to that step. Today’s story is about someone who I would like to call an amateur critic.
According to the Facebook post shared on this matter by this restaurant’s manager, one terribly entitled amateur critic gave terrible reviews about the food that the restaurant served her. She went into all sorts of nitty-gritty that you will be reading through in a second. The manager, upon reading this review, decided to respond. They, as mentioned, made a Facebook post and shared how this woman who posted the terrible review had actually tried to contact the restaurant. She had the audacity to ask for $500 and a free meal in order for her to update her review into something amazing. I know, this gives “beggars can’t be choosers” a whole new standard.
Scroll down below to read!
1. The manager said she had never responded to any reviews in her life but she couldn’t help herself with this one.
2. This is the bad review Karen posted about the restaurant’s food. We are entitled to have an opinion and this customer had a very detailed opinion about her experience.
3. The restaurant’s main Facebook page decided to drop the bomb on this customer publically.
4. And they even posted screenshots of Karen offering the manager a better review in exchange for $500 and a free meal. Triple kill!
She was one of Google’s top reviews and now she is one of the biggest jokes ever to exist on the internet.
I am pretty sure these entitled people read hundreds of stories every other day about such a person who got publically shammed for doing such a thing or got put right into their place, yet these people don’t stop. For some reason, after one failure their confidence level rises. I really cannot make up this math. When will they understand, I don’t know. But till that day comes, whoever faces such a person should show them the way right on the spot. No need to give such people any room at all.
Here’s how people reacted to this:
5. It is a fluke-based business to be honest, so she must have made quite a few attempts elsewhere as well.
6. Fits perfectly.
7. I really cannot believe this stuff has worked for her in the past.
Wouldn’t it be a better option for the companies to screenshot the bad review and confront it publically, the same way this restaurant did?
8. That really was an outrageous demand. Her ego was way too inflated.
I hope you guys enjoyed this one. Please share your thoughts in the comments section down below as I know you guys have a lot to say after reading this one.
Stay tuned for more.