They say your wedding day is the happiest and most memorable day of your life.
Your friends, your guests, and your family are all there to cheer you as you take the next big step in your life. And most important of all, your fiancé is there to stand beside you, say his vows to you and tell the world that you belong to one another. Hundreds and thousands of weddings take place every day, and while most of them follow the usual sequences of walking down the aisle, saying the vows, kissing, and cutting the cake together, there are some that may experience some glitches and not go as planned. Today, we’re here to tell one such story.
The night before the wedding is a crucial time in your life. Imagine you’re sitting there practicing your vows, surrounded by your girls, or boys, so happy about your big day and then suddenly, your cell phone rings. A text has arrived from an unknown number which will entirely change the face of the game. Such an event happened with Casey, the bride to be.
Casey and Alex were to get married to one another in a huge ceremony the next day and Casey was beyond cheerful. It was the biggest day of her life, but little did she know about what awaited her. Surrounded by her bridal party, she was bombarded with screenshots of messages that were exchanged between her fiancé and his secret girlfriend, from months to just a few days before the wedding was supposed to take place. These screenshots were accompanied with a simple message: “I wouldn’t marry him. Will you?” It was a sleazy conversation between Alex and another woman, amidst selfies of the pair and it was enough proof for Casey to make her next decision.
Casey was crushed to the core, as any of us would be. Here she was, all loyal and sincere to her fiancé but Alex decided to be the biggest jerk of all. She was shell-shocked at her fiancé’s acts. She knew she had to make a decision and it would not be a pretty one. “Every word like a dagger in my heart and my wedding was only hours away. How could I cancel when everyone had already traveled to be there and everything was paid for?” Casey said. She decided that the wedding day would continue, but with slight changes.
Scroll down to read Casey’s full story!
More info: Whimn
1. “This was supposed to be the happiest day of my life … and everyone was going to witness it”
It was going to be the happiest day of her life, but what she did not know was that Alex was not written in her destiny! The person she loved the most wasn’t who he was supposed to be; a loyal, caring companion.
2. “Alex and I had been together for six years. I felt he was The One instantly. Our families became friends, our lives were entwined, and I believed we’d live happily ever after”
6 years is a long time! Especially when it comes to couples and relationships. To any couple, their families getting along is one big achievement. Sadly, it all had to go to waste.
3. “On the last night of my unwed life … my phone buzzed from across the room. But this text wasn’t like the other wishes of luck and love. This text took us all by surprise and changed everything in the heartbeat”
Well, here is something we definitely do not want so close to our wedding day.
4. “The message was a series of screenshots from a number I didn’t recognise. The accompanying message simply said, “I wouldn’t marry him. Will you?””
Well, Alex, you just got burnt by this hot stuff.
5. “The screenshots were of conversations between my husband-to-be and another woman. Loads of them, including selfies of the pair”
Now, this guy is comparing them with one another?! The guts. And being so derogatory. Yikes! You better hope we don’t find you, Alex.
6. “The texts were dated from months to only days before. My brain simply could not compute WTF was going on. There was no questioning the legitimacy of these messages. I just knew”
Yeah, clearly not with the person you asked to marry!
7. “Every word like a dagger in my heart and my wedding was only hours away. How could I cancel when everyone had already travelled to be there and everything was paid for? I loved Alex. I wanted to marry Alex tomorrow”
The bride shared that even though she read all the messages that were clearly indicating that Alex had cheated on her, she didn’t want to call of the wedding. This was only due to societal pressure because a lot of guests have travelled from far-off places, and everything was already paid for, she didn’t have the courage to cancel the wedding. Her heart still loved Alex and she still wanted to marry him. Because unlike him, she was honest and loyal to him about her feelings and what she wanted. If only she had known earlier, she would never have to face this day with a man like Alex.
8. “I walked down the aisle with leaden feet, my dream dress now just a costume. “There will be no wedding today,” I announced “It seems Alex is not who I thought he was””
After putting a lot of thought into her decision, she decided to walk down the aisle. But she knew what was waiting for Alex; humiliation, as she had planned to expose him in front of everyone else.
9. “A ripple of shock went through the crowd and Alex tried to grab my hands but I put down my flowers to reveal my phone in my hand. I read every single message she sent me. With each word, more colour left Alex’s face”
Casey read every message on her phone and didn’t stop when Alex tried to stop her. She was determined to embarrass that traitor in front of everyone.
10. “I faced our guests once more “I love all of you and as horrible as this is I’m glad you all are here. There will not be a wedding reception today, but instead, there will be a celebration of honesty, finding true love and following your heart even when it hurts””
At the end, Casey decided to be a strong woman and thanked everyone for their presence during such a difficult time in her life. According to her, this was not only a wedding called off. It was a celebration of honesty and truth and following your heart even when it hurt, as it should be! Because this woman definitely deserves better!
11. Here is what people had to say about her!
As you can see, almost everyone here supported Casey and assured her that she was a strong-headed woman and deserved true love, honesty and sincerity. It was a good thing what Casey did, giving Alex what he rightfully deserved. Such people don’t deserve true love, and we are sorry for being so straightforward and harsh but it is the truth and the truth is bitter.
We wish Casey good luck and hope she finds the right man for herself! Have you come across such a wedding? Please share your experience in the comments section below. Or maybe send it to us and we will share it with the rest of the world!