As pet owners, we know how important it is to keep an eye on our furry friends at all times, especially when they’re out and about. But what happens when we witness a wandering animal that isn’t ours, and we know it poses a potential threat to others in the area?
This was the dilemma faced by one Redditor earlier today when they stumbled upon a small dog wandering around their apartment complex unaccompanied. As the owner of a 60 lb chow mix who is not friendly to other dogs, they were understandably concerned that their pet might harm the stray if it got too close.
After trying unsuccessfully to get in touch with the leasing office, they decided to approach a couple nearby to see if they had any information about the dog’s owner. When they were told that the dog did not belong to them, the Redditor sprang into action, rushing their own pet back inside and then returning outside to try and catch the stray.
Keep on scrolling down to read the full story and we will see you at the end of the article.
1. Is he the Karen? Keep on scrolling down to find out.
2. OP was casually walking his 60lb chow mix around his complex one afternoon after a potty break
3. the OP is unfortunately not friendly to other pups, and OP was terrified that this pup would approach him and his dog might injure this sweet little dog
4. OP approached two people close by and asked if the dog was theirs but no one said that it was theirs
5. OP immediately walked back out to try and catch the stay dog, he found the pup with two little boys and a different woman, who thought it was OP’s pup OP told them that it wasn’t and suggested a solution
6. They were unable to find a photo of the dog or a unit it was assigned to
7. So after that OP went back to the office to tell the leasing agent that he had located the unit dog belonging to her, and she was then legally forced to go speak with them regarding the dog since the office had no record of it.
8. OP says in any other situation he wouldn’t have cared about the dog, but because it was the second time he had seen it get he felt it was a risk to the complex.
9. Is he the Karen for telling the office which unit the dog came from?
10. Exactly OP was just trying to find the dog home and it definitely is her fault for lying about not owning the dog
11. Exactly he was looking out for the small pup and his own dog, a Karen would surely have had ulterior motives
12. Bad pet owners infuriate all of us
13. Exactly OP is nothing but a nice person
14. Exactly the small pup could get hurt by another larger dog
15. A fellow rescue baby dog owner shares her point of view
16. Get a collar and tags for your dog!!!
17. Exactly OP just reported a problem to management and then he just alerted them that problem was resolved
18. Here is what OP had to say
This was it, folks, this was the story let us know what you think about it down below in the comments section and make sure to like and share this article with your friends and family and stay tuned for more content like this with Defused. Thank You!
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings