Unfortunately, despite our best efforts, dogs don’t live as long as humans do. They only live around a fourth as long as most humans. Because of this, many dog owners want to spend as much time as they can with their canine companions. They are aware that, although 10 or 12 years may seem like a long time, they will seem like a mere blink of an eye when the time for their dog comes.
But not everyone has the luxury of simply being with their dogs all the time as it is. While it would be ideal for people to include their dogs in every aspect of their lives, including work, relationships, and social activities, it is not always possible. Dog owners occasionally even have to make difficult choices and pick one over the other, as was the case for Redditor MailedSnail. She was forced to decide between spending the weekend with her dog or her lover. Her boyfriend is allergic, therefore she would have preferred for them to both be present for the trip she had planned. She also doesn’t want to leave her dog behind, especially because she can’t spend as much time with her dog as she does now and regrets picking her.
1. The bottom line of the story is this..
2. OP and her boyfriend go to his grandparent’s house where she and her cat usually enjoy
3. OP takes great care of her dog and wants to spend time with her, but the boyfriend is dog allergic, so for two consecutive weekends, she planned things without the dog
4. OP feels bad spending three weekends without the dog
5. Now the boyfriend is hurt by OP choosing her dog. Op said she would take a trip alone with the dog which bummed the boyfriend, now she asks AITA?
Now that you have read the story. it’s time for you to see what Redditors had to say on this. Read till the end to see what are other people’s opinions on this. Don’t forget to share your own opinion at the end of this article too.
6. Some people are convinced that OP is not the a-hole but the boyfriend’s dispaoainted is valid
7. True, pet owners will understand
8. This can be done
10. I think the same
11. People are giving some nice suggestions
12. Some similar story
14. Here is some different interpretation of the whole story
What is your take on the story? Do you agree with the behavior that OP showed? What would you do if you were in her situation? I think that the cat’s owner is at fault. Do share your opinion with us. If you want to read more such articles on our website, keep visiting us!
Time for the dog tax