In this story, a young tech-working couple, married for 1.5 years, faced a challenge when the wife, 27 years old, had to relocate to a different city for a six-month work project. Her husband, 28, couldn’t move with her due to his office commitments, so they agreed to visit each other every other week, ensuring that she could also spend time with her parents at least once a month. This arrangement worked well for two months, but a significant twist occurred when the wife discovered she was pregnant when it was her turn to visit her husband. He was delighted by the news and expressed a desire to work remotely to be with her during the rest of her temporary relocation.
However, when they informed his parents about this plan, things took an unexpected turn. His mother raised concerns about him leaving the city, fearing potential emergencies, and criticized the wife for “taking their son away. Now OP wants to know if she’s an A-hole for not moving home after finding out that she was pregnant. So keep on scrolling down below and read the whole story only then you ladies and gentlemen would be able to let us know whether she’s an A-hole or not.
1. OP has been married to her husband for one and a half years they both are working in tech and both of their parents live in the same city
2. OP had to move out to a different city for a project for about six months while the husband stayed at home as he had to go to the office for about 2 to 3 days in a week, so they decided to visit each other every week.
3. OP found out she was pregnant and she told her husband about it and he was really happy to know, and he told OP that he would try to get work from home option so he could stay with OP
4. When OP said that her husband was coming to stay with her MIL freaked out and said that her son couldn’t leave the city what if they have an emergency
5. OP and her wife decided that they would visit them once a month and they did but they are still unhappy, now OP wants to know if she’s an A-hole for not moving home after she found out she was pregnant.
6. A valid and a solid point
7. Exactly, they are adults and they can make their own decisions.
8. After all OP’s husband is about to be a dad and they have to start a family and look over it so in fact MIL needs to calm down and let them live their lives
9. Literally everyone is saying OP is not an A-hole and she’s definitely not
10. Exactly, as OP is pregnant now he needs to be there for her.
12. In marriage there should only be two persons involved a husband and a wife and no one else, and when someone gets involved things start to fall apart.
13. NTA even a little bit
14. Yes, in fact, MIL can also visit them whenever she wants.
15. This user suggests that they can call 911 in case of an emergency
16. Adults have to move away in case of responsibilities or jobs and MIL needs to acknowledge this
17. Now it is only up to them what to decide, OP is absolutely NTA.
Let us know your thoughts about this in the comment section below and don’t forget to like and share it with your friends and family. Stay tuned with Defused for more content. Thank You!