This father confronted a woman for his daughter.
Today’s story is coming at you straight from the community of Am I The A**Hole? With over 4 million members deciding so many cases on a daily basis, people feel safe leaving their fate at the hands of these people. The AITA community takes an unbiased decision, after reading the story, on whether the person was the a**hole for doing what they did or were in the clear, and in that situation, they would be declared “not the a**hole”.
One father took their matter to AITA to know if they were in the wrong or not. OP is the father to a 6-year-old daughter who recently had been requesting a dog. Unfortunately, OP couldn’t fulfill this wish of her daughter because the building they reside in does not allow you to have pets in the residence. He told this to his daughter and she understood him. One day, the two were going out and on their way they saw a resident coming in, carrying a senior dog. The father decided to confront the woman there and then for bringing a dog into a building that doesn’t allow pets.
The woman tried to give an explanation about how she was only going to keep the pet for a week as a pet sitter. She mentioned the dog is very calm and won’t harm anyone. The father, however, wasn’t having any of it and wanted to file a complaint with the landlord. He went on to post the story on the building’s channel and wanted the authorities to have the dog removed. One person responded by saying the woman and her dog were a nice couple and wouldn’t be causing any problems to anyone.
The father believes after seeing that dog his daughter got upset as she now thinks he had been lying to her about the whole “dogs are not allowed” thing.
Scroll down below to read the story and then vote at the end.
1. He was genuinely confused if he was right or wrong.
2. OP lives in a building that does not allow you have pets with you.
3. One day, OP and his daughter saw a resident in the building carrying a dog.
4. OP called the resident out for illegaly bringing a dog in the building.
5. OP warned her he would file a complaint with a landlord if he saw the dog again.
6. He shared the matter with the others and one person said the dog was nice. Now OP’s daughter thinks he had been lying to her about pets not being allowed and even his wife said he overreacted to seeing a dog.
I would declared OP the AH for overracting so heavily. Seriously, there was no rational in his arguement and he warned to get a woman kicked out for doing smething that didn’t break any laws. In fact, she was baby-sitting the dog for a friend and the animal was only going to be there for a week. I think, instead of confront the woman, he should’ve shifted his attention to his daughter and shoud’ve explained to her the real reason why she carrying a dog.
Here are the votes and thoughts on the community members of AITA:
7. It would be right to explain to your daughter why that woman was allowed a dog.
8. The lady didn’t move in with a pet, she was doing her friend a favor and I am glad the landlord wasn’t inhumane to disallow this.
9. It wasn’t a big deal.
10. She didn’t violate any rules.
11. The father reacted like a kid, to be honest.
12. It’s the father’s failure that he couldn’t manage his daughter. The woman was never in the wrong.
13. What came from OP was nothing but an overreaction.
14. He felt like a loser and that’s why he reacted that way.
15. He is the only who is going to tell his daughter the rules but he is too busy being a baby.
16. The group chat ignoring him must’ve really hurt.
I really hope you guys enjoyed this one. Don’t forget to share your thoughts in the comments section down below.
Stay tuned for more stories!
This legendary dog goes by the name Zoey. By looking at that face, would you be able to believe this 4 pound peanut was abandoned by her previous owner? I know, imposible. Her current owner, a superhero I should say, rescued her from the side of the round. The little one had no clue what to do with her life but purpose came right to her that night in the shape of her owner.