In a recent Reddit post, a user shared an inspiring and triumphant story about their experience with city workers and their quest to locate a long-lost buffalo box. The tale follows the journey of the homeowner as they navigate through frustrating encounters and ultimately emerge victorious in their pursuit of a resolution.
The story unfolds with the purchase of a home by the Reddit user and their ex-spouse. Previously owned by the ex-spouse’s parents, who had constructed the house in the 1950s, the property came with its own set of challenges. One such challenge was the absence of a shutoff valve in the utility room, preventing essential repairs and maintenance work from being carried out. Despite the father-in-law’s desire to address this issue, the steep costs involved deterred any progress.
Motivated to resolve the matter, the homeowner took it upon themselves to tackle the problem head-on. Seeking assistance from the water department, they hoped to locate the elusive buffalo box, an essential component responsible for shutting off the water supply to the entire house. However, their initial encounter with city workers proved to be discouraging.
Keep on scrolling down to read the full story in OP’s own words and we will see you at the end of the article.
1. OP’s ex-husband bought the house from his parents, which they had built in the 50’s
2. OP says it was an expensive process so it never got done
3. When OP and her ex-husband bought the house they decided to get the shut-off valve installed
4. When they arrived OP explained the problem to them!
5. OP was familiar with how water mains buffalo boxes are installed
6. According to these guys as a woman OP did not know what she was talking about and left!
7. Fast forward to the next year!
8. OP explained what the city workers told her about locating the buffalo box and their attitude about women not understanding these types of things
9. Next day the same two guys showed up at OP’s house
10. They found the buffalo box under the city-owned sidewalk!
11. we all love it!
12. It actually took them an entire year to notice lol
13. This Redditor’s family owns a plumbing company here is what he has to say about this!
14. This Redditor says that according to his cousin plumbing is simple!
15. We can only imagine the conversation!
16. It must have been a large chunk of change
17. “This is why feminism still exists”
18. OP lives in a Far suburb of Chicago!
19. Kudos to that manager for real lol
20. This Redditor had a company come out to her and give her an estimate on repairing cracks in the basement!
This is it, folks, this was the story let us know what you think about it down below in the comments section and make sure to like and share this article with your friends and family and stay tuned for more content like this with Defused. Thank You!