Oh, you Americans…
Mostly, tourists in every country in the world are very much respected, welcomed and treated with love because they are the guests of the whole nation and that is exactly how it should be. The main purpose of tourism is to appreciate and see the different aspects of life, cultures, lifestyles, and wonders of the world. So it naturally becomes the responsibility of tourists to respect the culture and laws of the country they are visiting as well. It is basic mannerisms and etiquettes. But sadly, we all know how Americans can be, we all know the stereotype about American tourists being obnoxious and rude. Which is true. There are many countless cases of Americans being disrespectful to foreigners. So it is not difficult to picture them scrutinizing artifacts, cultural valuables and complaining about almost everything like someone forced them to come to that place and it was not by choice. There are also a few other famous, rich countries that are also known for unfortunately having horribly entitled tourists. It is such a bad thing that there is more entitlement in the world than kindness.
Someone on Reddit came up with the idea of asking people from around the world what was the worst thing they have heard and seen American tourists do in their country, the stories people have shared about American tourists are so rude, awkward and obnoxious. I felt secondhand embarrassment from even reading those stories. Keep scrolling to read them for yourself…
1. At least, she is praying for you.
2. Animals are the same everywhere? Strange…
3. Oh, Karen…
4. Tourists can be so infuriating.
5. When tourists forget to research about the place they are visiting.
6. This is hilarious.
7. This is just straight-up stupid, why do Americans think they can use dollars in every country?
8. So embarrassing.
9. Peak of stupidity.
11. People really do not know the difference between Sweden and Switzerland?!
12. This is just nonsense.
13. Is it hard for you to say thank you and just leave?
14. Must have been so embarrassing.
15. Unnecessarily rude people.
These stories are so awful, I am so embarrassed. What in the world were those people thinking before acting so rudely towards the civilians of the country they were visiting? Who are these people? Where do they come from? Oh, I kind of have an idea where they come from. This is more saddening than upsetting. To know there are people out there who belittle and downgrade other people just because they do not have the same ethnicity or culture or language as you. This is truly the peak of stupidity, ignorance, and disrespect. It is racism. We can use the idiom, might is right, here. Perfectly fits. The nerve of people for visiting a country and then making fun of its culture or people. I mean the audacity of these tourists being rude to the foreigners in their own country. There should be laws for this kind of discrimination towards tourists…Thank God, I never had to experience such an unbearable encounter with an unbearable tourist. Keep on scrolling to see what more of these people had to say about American tourists being unnecessarily rude to them in their country…
16. Wait, what?
17. This is such an intolerable behavior, people just have to make a scene. Attention seekers!
18. Well, if it so infuriating here then why are you here in the first place? You can always leave, they did not force you to visit China.
19. Oh, not that dollar thing again!
20. She never used an electric kettle or what…
21. “Green’s green, honey”….Please, your currency does not work in every country!
22. Okay, then do not go there if you can not afford it. Simple.
23. He does not know everyone speaks English in Canada as well…or is he extra dumb?
24. I find stupidity amusing.
25. They will try to belittle the foreigners every chance they get, they do not realize it only makes them look dumb. Nothing else.
26. Bartender be like: Okay, and?
27. How can you not laugh at someone who says great great great great.
28. This is the disrespect I was talking about. The audacity, the nerve of these people. For the love of God, how do you get yourself to speak such nonsense right in front of the civilians of that country?!
29. These people really have no shame. It is truly disturbing.
I have to admit I am kind of glad this is over. I am enraged after reading these stories. They seem to take it lightly and find it humorous but this is nothing to be okay with. It is not alright. I would not be able to keep my calm if someone was being disrespectful to my country, my people, my culture or anything. What are your opinions on this matter? Have you ever had to experience such a horrendous encounter with a tourist? Tell us in the comments down below…