In this narrative, a close-knit group of friends revolves around Natalie and Jamie’s turbulent relationship. Jamie’s troublesome behavior, marked by insensitive remarks and a penchant for confrontation, has become a significant source of discord within the group. Despite Jamie’s flaws, the friends continue to tolerate his presence to maintain their connection with Natalie, who is deeply affected by his unemployment.
When Harry, a member of the friend group but not well-acquainted with Jamie, offers him an opportunity for a job interview, tensions escalate. OP, who has had personal encounters with Jamie’s demeaning behavior, chooses to express their discomfort discreetly to Harry, not divulging the full extent of Jamie’s actions. This decision triggers a series of events, culminating in Jamie not getting the job, which infuriates Natalie and causes a rift in their friendship circle. The group becomes divided over whether the narrator’s actions were justified and if Jamie’s off-hours conduct should impact his job prospects.
Keep on scrolling down below to read the whole story told by OP himself and make sure to read it till the end. Only then you guys would be able to let us know who’s the A-hole here.
1. OP has a friend Natalie, who has a boyfriend Jamie but Jamie is a rude person and he even makes below-the-belt jokes
2. Jamie has purposefully made OP angry on many occasions, and OP said the reason they put up with him is if they don’t they’ll never see Natalie.
3. OP’s roommate Harry recently had a job come up in his company and Natalie asked him to interview Jamie for
4. Harry mentioned that he was going to do an interview at our apartment and Harry saw that it made OP uncomfortable she told Harry that Jamie just makes demeaning remarks about OP
5. Harry took the interview with Jamie and made him do a lot of prep work and presentation moreover, the interview went extremely long. And in the end, Harry said he wasn’t going to hire him. It made Jamie mad and Natalie got mad at OP saying that she shouldn’t have said anything about Jamie.
6. Due to this Natalie is not speaking to OP and the friends circle is divided
7. Now OP is not sure whether she should apologize because she didn’t say anything negative about him just told them the way he was
8. Natalie figured that the only person who would have changed Harry’s mind about doing it a favor would be OP, so she called OP and OP told her the truth.
9. OP told the users that Harry and OP are roommates and she even told the users that the interview was not held at the apartment, but was held at the company’s office
10. This user suggested that she could say to Jamie that it was only a joke and stop being sensitive as he says to her
11. By the way the interview didn’t have anything to do with the OP, she just told her the basic facts about Jamie.
12. Exactly, OP owes you nothing and he isn’t even her friend.
13. This is a solid point, even if the hiring manager is your friend you still need to make it up to the merit.
14. OP is definitely NTA
15. This is somehow true, what do you think?
16. Every action has a reaction and he should have seen it coming
Let us know your thoughts about this post in the comment section below and don’t forget to like and share it with your friends and family. Stay tuned with Defused for more content. Thank You!