A cat is an animal that cannot be resisted.
It is too hard. If you are a cat person, you would know how irresistibly cute they are. Their cuteness is broadly divided into two main categories; personality and appearance. Spoiler alert, they are beautiful in both categories. Cats bring a rush of entertainment, joy, and happiness to the lives of those who they love dearly. It does take time to form an inseparable bond with a cat, that’s for sure. But with patience and commitment, even the toughest of hearts melt. That brings me to those people who say “I’m not a cat person” but end up getting 10 cats because it is what it is. The thing about cats is that everything revolves around them, always. So when you are falling in love with a cat or your hatred transforms into love for that animal, it is the cat making you fall in love with it. It is the cat enchanting you into loving it.
One thing you can ask any cat lover and they will agree to this, you can never have enough cats. No amount of cats is “a lot”. You want your house to literally look like it’s the cat’s and not yours. So you can tell how would a person like the one we have discussed would feel if they aren’t allowed to have any more cats. That’s exactly what happened in today’s story as a boyfriend barred his girlfriend from bringing in more cats to the house by saying he would send them all back to the shelter if it happened.
The husband shared this with the members of AITA to know if he did the wrong thing by telling his girlfriend not to get another cat.
Scroll down below to read!
1. OP moved in with their GF in a place that allowed pets.
2. Looks like OP’s girlfriend deeply loves cats.
3. It’s a nice thing to do something about missing animals.
4. And after they moved in, she started locating those missing cats herself and brought two home.
5. His GF provided the two new cats with the required medical and nutritional needs.
6. The two cats were supposed to be at the house on a temporary basis until they got healthy but OP’s GF decided to keep them and OP didn’t quite like that.
7. OP shared with his girlfriend that he didn’t like how she brought home cats without letting him know.
8. And the girlfriend continues to bring home cats. This time he strictly tells her to find new owners for the new cat as soon as possible but that didn’t work either. There are now 5 cats at the house.
9. And now she wants the 6th one. This time around, OP warns her he will be sending all cats to a shelter if she brings in one more cat to the house.
10. Of course, his girlfriend didn’t like what she heard and called OP an AH.
11. It must’ve felt like it’s the cats’ house, to OP.
I would say OP is in the clean and would declare him NTA. I believe you will see a lot of this term when you go through the comments on this story, as well, and that word is “animal hoarding”. I think that’s what OP’s girlfriend was doing. Animal hoarders are those who collect a lot of animals but are incapable of taking on the responsible or providing them with life-sustaining nutrition. If that’s the case then OP did nothing wrong by telling his girlfriend to stop bringing in more cats.
Here are some of the comments from the story:
12. Exactly what I said.
13. There must be some limit on it.
14. She does.
15. She should at least take him into the circle. She doesn’t even inform him before bringing in a cat.
16. She has entered that vicious cycle that may not be easy to stop.
17. Fair enough.
I really hope you guys enjoyed this one. What do you think? Who was the AH in this story? Turn into Sherlock Holmes and decide OP’s fate in the comments section down below.
Stay tuned for more stories!
“Who knew Goofy, the little stray, we found would turn into a stunning supermodel cat?!”