The motor carriages we use for day-to-day commute known as ‘cars’ have become a necessity. We rely on these cars greatly while we also expect them to work tirelessly without any maintenance for years. These metal companions of ours require love and care from time and time, for which they require expert mechanics- not everybody is a master at fixing everything.
It often happens that the car might only need a cleanup but we’re unable to diagnose the real problem, that’s because a usual person has very little knowledge about the whole setup of the vehicle. However, there are moments when people desperately drive off to the mechanic not even knowing which hour of the day it is because they are in dire need of help fixing their car.
There’s a subreddit community of mechanics r/JustRolledIntoTheShop where they all gather up to share the craziest car encounters they come across. They sure are hilarious! Some of them are actually pretty obvious and stupid, lol
1. ” Stayed A Little Longer At The Shop To Save This Little Guy From Someone’s Engine Bay”
Brother, you’re the next greatest kitty rescuer!
2. Customer: “Let Me Know When You Are About To Pull My Truck In So I Can Get My Raccoon” And He Sat In The Lobby With A Raccoon Until His Truck Was Done
Well, whatever the customer said it sure does makes sense, the raccoon definitely is a daddy’s boy.
3. “I Don’t Condone Stealing… But Man I Want To”
… And we don’t blame you for that, they sure are so trucking adorable!
4. “This Made Me Laugh Way More Than It Should Have”
Do they stop on every horn then? I wonder
5. Hood Opens. Hood Is Layed Down Immediately. Tech Exclaims “Oh Hell No.”
What?? I was just taking a cozy nap.
6. “Actual Work Order At Our Shop From One Of Our Technicians”
7. “Customer has been coming since 200k miles, said he’d get to 1 million. I’ve been waiting for that day for Years, Today He Casually Rolled Up And asked to plug his tire, needless to say, best Tire Plug Ever”
8. “The Odds Of A Single 4 Leaf Clover Rooting Into A Fender Line”
Hey, there little one…
9. “The Car Sounds Like A Cartoon”
“let’s keep swimming, let’s keep swimming”
10. “Customer Refused All 4 Tires On A Rainy Day, She Also Had To Sign A Waiver Before Releasing The Car”
put it up as a mirror, maybe?
11. “Just Crawled Out From Under A Broken Lift”
At a turtle’s pace…
12. “I Work At A Rental Company And The Police Brought This Back…”
13. “Customer Failed To Mention The Fact That His Dog Was In The Vehicle, Scared The Hell Outta Me”
The customer, in fact, forgot to mention that his car had a ‘woofer’
14. “Accelerator Gets Stuck To Floor. Pull-On String To Unstick”
15. “Self Aware Prius Owner”
“And he’s laughing past the gas stations EVERY time he goes out…I haven’t put gas in mine since July I think…maybe the first week of August” — Vicki Perizzolo
16. “C/S She Hears A Flapping Noise Coming From The Driver’s Side”
This deserves a *facepalm*
17. “I Am Pretty Sure I’m Younger Than The Tire”
18. “16 Years Of Writing Service And It Finally Happened. Gloves In A Glovebox”
After forever it makes sense!
19. “The First And Probably Last Time I Will Ever See One Of These. Jaguar Xj220 With Only 3k On The Odometer”
20. “Just Hopped Into The Shop”
I thought you fixed driving objects not hopping objects
21. “Work Never Fails To Disappoint”
22. “Surprised It Didn’t Explode Into The Shop”
23. “Customer States Temperature Gauge Is Reading Full Tank”
Well, the poor customer isn’t wrong though…
24. “A Girl Who Works At Sonic Just Paid Her 1k Repair Bill With Mostly 1’s And 5’s. Mad Resolve”
“She works hard for her money, so hard for it honey… she definitely works it”– Lola
25. “Private Security Tahoe With 1” Bulletproof Glass. The Rest Of The Vehicle Is Just As Heavily Armored“
Most of you might be relating to many of the situations listed above in some way at least. A recent study of 2,000 American car owners, proved that not less than a quarter of this figure had a clear idea that they are taking a fault along in their car while hitting the road.
In another study, the basic vehicle knowledge of people was tested. The results were alarming, as they showed that 68 percent of them were testing their odds. All of them claimed that their vehicle had something wrong with them for sure. 36 percent of those studied confessed they don’t know the first thing about fixing a flat tire
26. “The Only Worthwhile Lift Kit Instructions”
It’s in your DNA, It’s in your genes, It’s who you are!
27. “When I Saw This I Told Her It Wasn’t Going To Be Cheap”
28. ” Just Pulled This Out Of A Customers Car Between The Grill And Condenser”
29. “7 Months Since The Last Post About This Car… He Finally Did It. Our Customer Bought This Civic New In 06 And It Has Only Been Serviced At Our Dealership. Original Motor And Transmission”
Hondas are a classic!
30. ” Just In For An Inspection & Was Greeted With This…”
31. “This Little Girl Helped Me Check Codes In Her Owner’s Car Today. Good Girl”
Got some expert maintenance done!
32. “86 Yota. 211k Miles. In Mint Condition”
33. “They Told Me Someone Was Dropping Off Their BBQ For Me To Do Brakes And Bearings On. I Thought They Were Joking, They Were Not”
“Bbq on wheels!”– Bridget Price
34.”Guy Drove In Like This. Another Reason Why We Are Essential”
Heard of toothless but wheel-less?
35. “Lexus In To Pick Up Some Brake Pads”
Came too soon…
36. “In Case You’ve Ever Wondered What The Undercarriage Of A Tesla Looked Like”
That’s neat, no parts stolen
37. “Which Car Has The Worst Battery Location?”
38. “C/S Lost His Keys… I Wonder Why”
39. “Had An Interesting Tailgate Come In Today”
40. “A Sweet Old Lady Asked Me To Apply Her 2018 License Plate Decal Today As She Couldn’t Kneel Down To Do It Herself Anymore”
Get the sweet granny’s glasses fixed too, please
41. “Customer States “I Played Edm Once And Now My Car Won’t Stop Pretending It’s At A Rave”
42. “An Actual “Key” Supplied By A Customer”
43. “Says Didn’t Have A Spare, Drove For 3 Days! I Found The Spare In The Trunk Complete With Jack!”
44. “Ya Think”
45. “Sorry Officer I Didn’t Know How Fast I Was Going”
Fast, furry, and furious…
46. “I Think My Boss May Be Compensating For Something With His New Toolbox”
Fixing on wheels
47. “Customer Stated He Needed A Punctured Tyre Repaired, Had To Tell Him He Was Screwed”
48. “Rental Car Came Back Like This “Had A Plane To Catch”
Smooth landing, NOT
49. “I Replaced A Battery Last Week In A Customers Car And She Is Trying To Claim The Battery Is Causing Weird Things To Happen To Her Car Now. This Morning, She Said The Red Line Was Never There Before The Battery Was Replaced And Wants A Refund. Lord Help Me”
You were supposed to tell her…
50. “Customer Was Wondering Why When He Started His Car This Morning, It Sounded Different. He Didn’t Understand It When I Told Him He Had Been Robbed”
Americans definitely need to do some research on how to keep their cars fit and fabulous. Well, the answer they’ll be finding would be — simply, take it to the mechanic for God’s sake. If you’ve come across a similar situation or you’ve taken your car to the mechanic for something stupid, do let us know down below. We’ll love to laugh along!