It’s a commonly held notion that cats absolutely hate water and getting them into the shower is a tough task.
However, this is not true for all cats! Some of them actually consider running water something to be played with and are fascinated by the sight, sound, and feeling of it. Certain breeds of domestic cats are also known to enjoy an occasional dip or swim.
Whether or not cats like water is something that depends on their fur. At times, cats don’t like how water makes their fur soaking wet and droopy, and sometimes it may even give them an ear infection. So it’s definitely important to be careful when exposing your furball to water in the bath. Furthermore, wet fur is difficult for cats to dry and annoys them as it may hinder their movement.
However, the same rules clearly do not apply to all cats, and the pictures we’ve put together here clearly demonstrate that these kitties have no idea that they’re supposed to be throwing tantrums during bath time! Here you’ll see cattos enjoying their splash in the water and we love it! They look absolutely adorable with their wet fur and confused expressions, so without any further delays, let’s get scrolling!
1. What is this liquid doing here?
2. Nap time in the sink
3. Needs his weekly bubble baths
4. Finding different angles to eat the faucet!
5. What is this magical pool?
Crystal clear lake.
6. Loving every minute of this
7. It’s a struggle to get him out
8. When your catto just wants some privacy
9. Meeting in the sink
10. Waiting for her hooman to bring out the rubber duckies
Taking this very seriously.
11. This little one is just confused
12. Stealthy little predator
13. Favorite time of day: cuddles and bubbles
14. Dripping catnip?
15. New ways of drinking water
Satisfies the thirst more
16. Happy hour
17. Bristly and ready for the day
18. Give me more!
19. That goldfish doesn’t stand a chance
20. Anything to get at that pesky creature
A truly naughty boy.
21. No concept of privacy
22. Finally found my kitty’s favorite hiding spot
23. Lazy summer days
24. Even tinier when wet
25. Curious about new material doing weird things?
These cats really do seem to be enjoying playing with water! For them, it’s not so much about cleaning themselves in the shower, it’s definitely more of playtime. They seem to be really loving every minute of being close to the water. Sometimes, they get to spend time with their hooman in the shower which is clearly a win for them!
If they get a toy to play with, it’s an added bonus! These little diva cats definitely have our heart and watching them splash around in the bath could not be any more adorable! Their curiosity with the water and the different forms it takes is too cute and their fascination when it’s running or standing still is truly a wonder to behold! We know you still haven’t had enough of these cattos, and neither have we! So luckily for us, the cuteness continues onward.
26. Feels good!
27. Scared but my hooman is doing it too
28. Testing the bathwater
29. I think he found Nemo
30. Fascinated by drain mechanics
Trying to catch the running water
31. A true ice cream sundae
32. His happy place
33. Standing proud and tall
34. Solid? Liquid?
Her Majesty at her finest
36. When you challenge your human to try and get you out
37. Never gonna leave this… bed?
38. Becoming one with the faucet
39. Training for the cat Olympics
40. Come on in, guys! The water’s lovely.
42. Better than drinking from the bowl
43. All wrapped up
44. Great spot for cuddles
45. Bowing down to the water!
Feels good on his head
46. WHAT’S HAPPENING TO ME?
47. Could sleep here
48. Staring contest
49. Favourite bath companion!
50. Friday night done right
We’ve reached the end of these cats enjoying the water and I think now we can safely agree that all cats are definitely not as averse to the water as we thought! Be mindful though, knowing the right way to give your kitty a bath is of utmost importance to protect them from any infections or weird reactions. Dry them as soon as you’re done as the wet fur might irritate them. Cats do have their own method of cleaning themselves, which is clearly their natural technique, so the water is just an excuse to play!
We’re so glad we could bring these adorable pictures to you and make your day! You know where to come for your daily dose of wholesome catto content and we’re delighted to bring it to you time and time again. Let us know in the comments if you’ve had any fun experiences bathing your cat and let us know which photo was your favorite!