The world is completely captured by the powerful series of both DC and Marvel Universe. Both of these franchises have contributed to the craziness and thrills of our childhoods, thanks to their incredible cinematic series, their fantastic storylines, and, of course, their incredibly talented characters. The stories and fighting had us so engrossed in them that we often failed to notice that our favorite childhood character not only played one role but also appeared in different movies.
That’s true! We just overlooked this fact maybe because we were so attracted to the storyline, or maybe the overall makeover and the scenes were so intense that we never observed it. Whatsoever the reason may be, these legendary actors never failed in bringing thrill into our lives by their magical and wonderful performances. Be it Chris Evan from Captain America and The Loser, or Catwoman who also appeared in the movie X-men as Storm. These actors and actresses justified their positions in whichever franchise they work in, whether it’s the Marvel Cinematic Universe or the DC Extended Universe.
C’mon, let’s have a look at some of the most iconic characters who have appeared in both the Marvel Cinematic Universe and the DC Universe!
1. Jensen and Captain America: Chris Evan!
Whenever we read the name Captain America, Chris Evan’s image always pops up in our minds. Because he is known as a synonym of Captain America. However, the majority of Marvel and DC lovers don’t know that Chris also played the role of Jensen in The Loser which is actually based on a DC comic.
2. Ben Affleck was the one who played the role of Matt Murdock and Batman.
Benn Affleck is the hero who has played two characters in two different films. The first character that we are all familiar with was Batman in the film Batman vs. Spiderman. But what we didn’t realize was that he also played Matt Murdock in the film Daredevil. We don’t know much about him because the film Daredevil was a flop.
3. The Cyclops of X-Men also played the role in the movie Superman Returns.
In X-Men, James Marsden portrayed Scott Summers, aka Cyclops. In Superman Returns, he played Richard White.
4. How can we forget Catwomen! The one who actually also appeared in the movie X-Men as Storm.
5. The Green Lantern and Deadpool: Ryan Reynold.
One of the most iconic characters of the Marvel and DC series is Ryan Reynold. He was the main protagonist of the movie Deadpool. Not only did he appear in Marvel Universe, but also played role in the DC comic as Hal Jordan also known as Green Lantern.
6. Natalie Portman, the heroin of Vendetta and Thor.
7. Idris Elba is no stranger to DC and Marvel series.
Idris has played multiple roles in the world of DC and Marvel. His first ever role was as Rogue in the movie The Losers. Also, he played the role of Heimdall in the movie Thor: Ragnorak.
8. Remember the V in Vendetta and Redskull in Captain America? Both are the same person, Hugo Weaving!
9. Woah! Thanos (Avengers) and Jonah Hex are the same person…
That’s crazy! a single makeover can change a whole personality. We didn’t realize earlier that the one who played Thanos in Avengers: Infinity war was the same person who appeared in the movie Jonah Hex.
10. The supervillain of Marvel and DC world: Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje.
Adewale joined the Marvel as well as DC series and played the most iconic roles in both worlds. He was the one who played Kurse in Thor:The Dark World movie and also Killer Croc in the movie Suicide Squad.
11. The major lead of Marvel Universe and DC World: Michael Fassbender.
He played the role of many different characters in the movies out of which the famous iconic characters were: Burke in Jonah Hex and Erik Lehnsherr in X-Men: Days of Future Past.
12. Zoe Saldana is the one who appeared in both “Guardians of the Galaxy” as Gamora, and “The Losers” as Aisha.
13. A true legend: Tommy Lee!
Jones Harvey Two-Face in Batman Forever and Colonel Chester Phillips in Captain America: The First Avenger were both played by this legendary hero.
14. Djimon Hounsou also played different roles in the film industry.
Midnite in DC’s Constantine and Korath Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy were both played by Djimon Hounsou.
Did you spot your favorite DC or Marvel character on this list? Did you know that your favorite legendary figures have had a variety of roles in the entertainment industry? Let us know who your favorite DC or Marvel character is in the comments section below!