Life often presents us with unexpected challenges, and for OP, a sequence of life-altering events commenced when he was a mere 15 years old when his dad died in a work accident. OP now faces a difficult situation when his mom, after getting engaged to Anthony, insists on getting rid of their dog, Dax, due to Anthony’s severe allergies. Dax was a cherished companion and a connection to OP’s late father, who had rescued him. Alex strongly protests, feeling that Dax is his family and an essential source of comfort.
Despite his efforts to find Dax a new home, Alex’s grandpa from his dad’s side becomes the only option. Grandpa lives far away and has limited physical abilities to care for Dax. To stay with his beloved dog, Alex decides to move in with his grandpa, a choice that upsets his mom. She argues that Anthony and she are his family now and that he should be with them.
Keep on scrolling down below to know the whole story and make sure to read it till the end otherwise, you won’t be able to let us know who’s the A-hole here.
1. OP’s dad died in a work accident when he was 15 now he’s 17 and last year OP’s mom got engaged to a guy named Anthony, now Anthony wants to move into their house but the problem is he is severely allergic to dogs.
2. OP’s mom told OP to get rid of the dog in a straight tune which was not negotiable
3. OP and his mom had a fight over this and OP doesn’t want to get rid of Dax as he has helped OP a lot in recovering from the grief of losing his father and they have had Dax since OP was 11
4. OP’s mom did not accept the idea of keeping the dog so OP had to ask his grandpa to take him as no one wanted to adopt Dax
5. Now the problem OP is facing is that his grandpa lives about an hour away and he is not in good health to take care of the dog
6. So OP’s grandpa suggested he move in with him since OP has all his classes online moreover, OP told his mom that he is gonna move in with grandpa so he can be with Dax.
7. OP’s mom got furious over it and said she and Anthony are his family and he needs to be with them but OP did not feel like it because Anthony kept talking about being a new dad to OP and it bothered him
8. Now OP has moved into his grandpa’s house but his mom is still mad saying he is choosing his dog over his family
9. Dax was taken to OP’s grandpa’s house a week before he left and all that time OP cried missing him when finally OP got there Dax lost it as he was missing him too
10. Now OP wants to know if he’s an A-hole for choosing Dax over her?
11. Dax is definitely a very good boy and OP is definitely NTA
12. Exactly, it’s only been 2 years and most probably OP would still be grieving over his dad. I think it is best for him to move into his grandpa’s house and live his life with Dax.
13. No sensible man does this I suppose
15. There were number of users who were asking OP to post a picture of his dog
16. It’s just not easy to accept new partners when they remarry, it obviously takes time to accept each other.
17. That’s my point too OP’s mum chose her husband over him and his furry friend, there’s nothing that OP did wrong here.
18. OP is absolutely not an A-hole
Let us know what you think about this post in the comment section below and don’t forget to like and share it with your friends and family. Stay tuned with Defused for more content. Thank You!