A tattoo artist who charges on an hourly basis did not stop the timer when they went to use the bathroom.
It is very important that no matter what sort of business you do, you should be fair in terms of dealing, you should stay true to your customer, and you should conduct business by keeping long-run goals in mind except for ways to make an immediate gain. If you start preferring fairness over quick money, as a businessperson you will go really far and beyond the stairs compared to another way around. If you are unfair to the customer and the customer doesn’t drop the act of unfairness, the business could go down the drain very quickly and could also leave a deadly mark on your name. And the worst, if the matter gets taken to the sacred community of AITA, and if you are declared the AH, then consider yourself done and think about switching countries or something.
Today’s story is coming straight at you guys from this sacred subreddit and it revolves around the fate of a tattoo artist. This tattoo artist charged her clients on an hourly basis. Reddit user u/throwawaytattooappt needed a tattoo and happened to book this artist. During the whole process, the tattoo artist had a timer on to record the total time and then calculate the bill. But, she won’t pause that timer every time she would take a bathroom break and this would keep on happening to the point that the artist would end up making 35 minutes’ worth of money for not doing any work. The Reddit user decided to challenge the final bill the artist made and stated that they are being overcharged.
Scroll down below to read through the whole event and decide for yourselves if OP was right for demanding a reduction in the bill or not. Enjoy!
1. People who charge their clients on an hourly basis always keep an eye on the timer but so does the client.
2. The tattoo was done in an hour so why did OP have to spend 2 hours at the studio?
3. That’s 35 additional minutes worth of bill added into the total that, if I am not wrong, shouldn’t be added in.
4. No, you should’ve pressed and gotten the charges reduced.
5. Get ready for a really bad review woman and say bye-bye to that reputation.
I really don’t care how talented or legendary of an artist you are, if you are billing me for your 35 minutes worth of pee or poop, I am not going to be happy about it. OP was very generous to pay the full amount. If you calculate the bill for those wasted 35 minutes it comes up to $73. That is not a small amount. I would really want OP to write a review about this tattoo artist. Well, they already have posted the story on AITA so that will do the job just fine as the story currently has 19,400 upvotes. No, OP was not the AH in this. She did not disrespect the artist in any way by tipping her less. If anything, the tattoo artist wasted OP’s time by visiting the bathroom for 35 minutes in total. Imagine if Karen appeared as a client instead of this generous person. She would’ve fully made the tattoo artist refund the entire $270.
Here are some of the responses to the story:
6. 7 bathroom visits in 2 hours. Maybe she would go away to smoke a blunt or something.
7. OP deserved the discount and should post a ruthless review on Yelp!
8. This is how you do it.
9. I swear OP was way too generous and I would say the tattoo artist got really lucky!
10. If you’ve put up a timer and everything to calculate the exact amount to charge, you should then also pause it when you are not tattooing.
11. No one would ever pay for the artist’s pee time.
12. The secret is still out though and OP can ruin her with a single review online.
13. OP should make others aware of this fraud tattoo artist.
What do you guys think about the story? Share your thoughts and votes in the comments section down below.
Stay tuned for more stories!