We all go through dark times and have darker sides of ourselves, and we might try to hide them away behind a gleaming smile. But somehow these darker thoughts always manage to come back and play with our minds. No matter how bright a person appears to be, he/she must have had some kind of gloomy experience at least once in their lives.
However, we’re sometimes hardwired to the negativity. It gets hard to untangle the thoughts that warp up in the mind. Perceptions play a major role here, perceiving something in a different dimension might help us eliminate the negative aspect of a situation. This might also help us form a personality that seeks positivity, over the longer run.
Below are some comics made by an artist known as Sandserif, which truly depicts the darker sides of human personality just in a lighter way. How it feels like to be hit by anxiety, how fear overcomes, how insecurities hit you hard, and how despair actually engulfs you. Many of us can relate to these situations. Scroll down and check out these comics! We hope these help you out as well!
More Info: Instagram
1. Anxiety, being your best friend, makes sure you don’t need anybody else
2. Too sad to give a damn
3. Why just think when you can overthink?
4. Only dogs make me happy
5. I’ll probably just take nap, instead
6. There’s darkness inside, my inner light bulb blew up
7. Moods change like the motion of the swing
8. You can’t sleep when you have guests over, they don’t let you sleep, anyway
9. Goodbye, sweetness
10. I don’t belong here *Flees to Mars*
11. It hurts right in the stomach!
12. What if your mind’s too barren to nurture anything?
13. I see my insecurities in memes these days, I also laugh over them
14. Error 404, not found…
15. You’ll be punched if you cross that line!
16. Inactivates human mode
17. An affair with the loneliness…
18. Productive dreams
19. ” Is it me who doesn’t let go of the past or the other way around?”
20. But lately I don’t care at all
21. A touch of my inner darkness would do.
22. Let me breathe, human
23. I am beyond these worldly things
These comics are just so on point, but what’s the point? *Laughs out*
This process of letting false thoughts take over you is also known as negative bias. Jokes apart, people can actually get really disturbed when they let negative thoughts dwell over them. This can make it hard for you to maintain an optimistic approach in life.
24. I care, I want them to be safe and shine bright
25. It wasn’t that simple, I am a failure
26. Yes, I remember… Maybe?
27. What am I?
28. Silence is all I need
29. Guilty pleasures in sadness makes you even sadder
30. She tastes better, I had no other option…
31. Too smart to do that
32. Blank like the paper
33. Did I just, leave it out again?
34. Aahh, I think now it’s perfect, oh wait just a little more…
35. Am I even worth it?
36. I missed you fear, my old friend
37. An infinity later…
38. We all are encased in our own bubbles
39. “Bringing your darkness with you wherever you go…”
40. It’s you, it’s always you
41. So funny…
42. Without meeting other humans, I forgot to add
43. I’d rather go into the hole of despair, it’s closer
44. I am already tired
45. Sinking into the sea of darkness
Try reframing the situation if you ever find yourself in despair, block out the pessimistic thoughts that make you low have control of yourself and eventually you’ll be lightened up. It’s hard but not impossible!
How often do you get hit by situations like these or how closely can you relate to these comics, let us know in the comments section below! We hope things always stay good for everybody!