The duck that got viral for her hair.
Many people usually prefer dogs and cats as pets because they are easier to train and they are controllable. Mostly, everyone’s first choice for pets is either dogs or cats. It’s like an instinct. It steals the spotlight from ducks, they are overlooked despite the fact how incredibly adorable they are. They make for great pets as they are very calm and cuddly. However, one specific duck named Gertrude recently stole the spotlight because of her hair.
A lady from Pennsylvania, known as Holly Mead, has raised a lot of ducks. Not for farming purposes, but just for her and her family’s endless love for ducks. The whole family is in love with their ducks because of how cute and comforting they all are, but this one duck stands out the most from the rest. Her name is Gertrude; The duck with long, fluffy hair. Gertrude is an American white Pekin duck with a crown of feathers on top of her head. This is the reason she went viral. Scroll down to see her beautiful pictures to make your day brighter:
1. Meet Gertrude, the fluffy white Pekin duck.
2. She looks adorable even when dirty.
3. Gertrude with her mama.
In an interview with Bored Panda, Holly shared some details about her dearest pet duck: “Gertrude is my 3-and-a-half-year-old crested Peking duck. When she hatched, she had an unusually large crest lump that grew her fabulous ‘hair.’ Gertrude has been featured in magazines, on a tabloid cover in the UK and in a few advertisements. This all started with a photo of her that went viral. Because of her talent contracts, she lives inside and wears diapers. She also serves as an emotional support animal and frequently visits nursing homes and shut-ins.”
4. Gertrude woke up like this.
5. Aww! Lovebirds.
6. Have you ever seen a duck in underwear?
“Gertrude had a brother named Golda. Sadly, he was killed by a raccoon when they were a year old. However, we have a total of 20 ducks, 12 geese & 25 chickens. So she is not lonely!
Gertrude is a very unique duck—not just because of her fabulous “hair” but also because of her personality. She is extremely friendly, very laid back most of the time. However, she is my loudest quacker and will squawk away when she wants attention. She knows her name and will answer when we call her. Her favorite person is Poppy, my 81-year-old dad.”
7. What a poser!
8. Cutest duck on the Internet.
9. Best mother-daughter duo.
“Ducks are great pets! They are funny to just sit and watch. They are loyal to their family and often imprint on people. They are messy, though, so I don’t recommend having a house duck unless you want to do a lot of cleaning. Ducks are a commitment. They are great pets, but they are not animals that you can just dump off at a pond when they grow up. If you are going to get pet ducks, do your research first and commit to keeping them for their lifetime.”
10. We can see the resemblance with Albert Einstein here.
11. Daddy’s princess.
12. Gertrude needs to share hair tips with us.
13. I want to cuddle with Gertrude.
14. Side-eye so mean, drag queens are screaming.
15. Such a heartwarming smile.
Ducks are very unique birds that can’t fly despite having wings. Although their wings are very helpful when it comes to swimming, they help them swim faster in water. They are also called waterfowls because they love to live in water bodies such as rivers, lakes, etcetera. They mostly prefer living in water instead of land. An approximately estimated life span of a duck is from 2 years to 12 years. Their life span also depends on their breed. Ducks are omnivores. A male duck is called a Drake and the babies are called ducklings. Drakes are known to be more beautiful than female Ducks, their feathers are colorful and prominent. Ducks find warm places to lay and hatch eggs.
16. Now I’m convinced it is Einstein reincarnated.
17. This needs to be a cover of a magazine.
18. Name a cooler duck than Gertrude, I’ll wait.
19. This is a visual representation of peace.
20. Clearly, Gertrude is very photogenic.
21. Oh, to be Gertrude and be loved by everyone.
22. She’s always camera-ready and we love it.
23. Too much beauty in one frame.
24. Just some ducks chilling and having fun.
25. Two pretty best friends.
26. Gertrude has a better fashion sense than most of us.
27. Waking up every morning like this must be very nice.
28. Now, all I want for Christmas is a duck like Gertrude.
29. Gertrude serving looks.
30. Love guru Gertrude The cupid.
I have never seen such a beautiful and elegant duck like Gertrude. Don’t know about you but I am totally in love with ducks now. I can not wait to have one as a pet. Is it just me or have you guys developed a sudden infatuation with ducks as well? Let us know in the comments down below.