Reddit user u/SpookyWhispering works for a hotel owned by Indian ownership. The owners had always been really nice to OP and they would always involve him in their traditions and would always respect that. He believes people do not need to disrespect others’ religions and cultural values. And he doesn’t like it when other people do it.
One time while the doors were about to be locked, a rich person parked in and approached the reservation to check-in. OP was already in an annoyed mood because he knew rich people would always complain about something and this guy would do it too. While OP was looking up the rich guy’s booking, he decided to make some disrespectful, utterly r*cist comments about the Indians, knowing that the owners of the hotel were Indians too. OP did not have any of it as he asked the rich entitled guy to simply leave the property as he will not be allowed to stay there.
Scroll down below to read the story!
1. You never want to cross that line.
2. It would annoy OP when rich people would show up at the hotel he worked for because they would always complain about everything.
3. The richness of the guy had already annoyed OP and the time it took to find his reservation didn’t help the case in any way or form.
4. That is utterly disrespectful. I do not expect anything productive to come out of this conversation that RR just initiated.
5. Exactly everyone’s reaction here as well.
6. The r*cism continued with full force.
7. After having all his senses snatched from him, as soon as they returned OP told RR he would not be booked and that he must leave at once.
8. And it pinched RR a bit.
9. OP cleared the Elite J*rk matter for him too and basically ordered RR to leave.
What RR just did was so unnecessary. He basically dug up a ditch for himself to fall in. Knowing the next hotel is over an hour away, he should’ve never considered himself in a position to make the comments he made. I commend OP for doing what he did. The entitled guy had to be taught a lesson, that disrespecting cultures is a big no.
Let’s see what happened next. Scroll down below to continue reading.
10. Of course, the classic statement we hear from all infuriated customers who won’t understand their mistakes.
11. I don’t think RR would like that.
12. RR couldn’t believe he got disgraced at a place owned by an Indian. Yeah, take that.
13. RR threatened to call customer service to make a complaint.
14. OP fired back by saying he will be calling customer services right now…and also the police.
15. It worked as RR ran off as quickly as he could out of the hotel with a burst bubble of ego.
16. That would be an interesting conversation between the owner and the employee.
17. No one has a right to disrespect other people’s religion and their culture. You are out of order if you do it.
18. Customer is not always right. Very well said, OP.
Here’s what the internet had to say about this:
19. I think this comment sums everyone’s reaction to the story.
20. People really appreciated OP not letting that guy throw mud on the Indians.
21. They are not gutsy enough to own what they say or do.
22. You never mess with an angry crier.
23. Every good boss wants an employee like OP.
I really hope you guys enjoyed this one. Don’t forget to share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Stay tuned for more stories!
Branch Manager and Assistant Branch Manager are hard at work to generate those millions in revenue.