The scheduled hours at work can be difficult to fit in sometimes, especially when you have a busy schedule. When that happens, overtime becomes a part of the equation. Redditor u/tokiohy shared his story about what happened to him with the ‘Malicious Compliance’ community, and it was the same in the Redditor’s case.
Their coworkers at a Home Health agency didn’t mind if they stayed a few minutes longer until their boss told them they wouldn’t be able to do so anymore. As soon as the superior was in need of assistance after hours, the situation became more complicated. After workers refused to assist, the company’s overtime policy was changed and the boss became irritated due to the lack of cooperation from the employees. Keep on scrolling down to read the full story and we will see you at the end of the article.
1. Keep on scrolling down to read the full story
2. Boss wasn’t happy because some of the employees were working past work hours which also means that they won’t be getting paid for doing overtime
3. So the boss was responsible for taking the calls until the office opened
4. She would call one of her employees in the middle of the night just to assist her.
5. OP just wanted to rest after a long tiring day and work but OP received a call from the boss
6. Okay so the boss didn’t even bother to ask if he would do it she just told him to call the patient
7. OP didn’t do anything wrong he is right he won’t do overtime if he isn’t getting paid
8. Well yes it was the boss who said employees can’t work overtime
9. Well at least alt DON took OP’s side
10. We are glad that the patient found their pillbox the next morning
11. OP explains that English is not his first language and explains who is DON, alt DON, and admin
12. That’s actually a great idea and a lot of us need to get a Google voice number lol
13. That’s one way to do it
14. Exactly don’t work for free
15. Is it though?
16. Couldn’t agree more
17. Top 10 questions science still can’t answer lmao
19. Why are managers like this?
20. Exactly OP wasn’t getting paid to get overtime he did the right thing by hanging up the phone
21. Exactly never answer your phone after work hours if they need you they will give you a work phone
22. That’s how it should be
23. Exactly you need to pay if you expect them to do things for you
24. “Talk to you after lunch”
This was it, folks, this was the story we think that what OP did was the right thing because the boss was asking the OP to work outside of his work hours and the OP wasn’t even getting paid for that so hung up the phone was the right thing to do. Let us know what you think about it down below in the comment section and make sure to like and share this article with your friends and family and stay tuned for more content like this with Defused. Thank You!
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings