Getting along with neighbors and sharing a community is undoubtedly a blessing, at least until they start chopping through your fence to use your pool without your permission. Because having neighbors who don’t respect boundaries is one of the most frustrating things you can have. They have the unique ability to drive everyone crazy, whether it is by not minding their own business or by disobeying every last bit of respect, common sense, and basic human decency.
Rodeopete3281, a Redditor, is aware of this from personal experience. The homeowner recently posted a vexing account of their recent experience with next-door neighbors who appeared to be living in their own delusional universe on the ‘Petty Revenge’ forum. It appears that the family was let to use the neighboring driveway by the previous owner, and the author, being a good neighbor, permitted them to continue doing so for the next few weeks.
1. OP bought a new property and was getting some work done on it before moving
2. The driveway had cars on it before OP even moved in which the contractor told him about
3. When OP drove to check the place, people were moving to the cars
4. They told OP that they had taken permission from the owners. OP told him he’s the new one and later they mutually agreed on parking there till a specific time until OP movies
5. Things went fine later
6. OP later afternoon saw 4 cars parked in his driveway with nonspace left, he asked them to remove them
7. They thought that the agreement was for weekdays only
8. On a Sunday again there were cars parked, OP had to call a tow company
9. The tow company ended up costing $300 to the neighbors
10. OP then put a driveway gate and informed the neighbors about it
11. Then this happened
12. OP noticed things on hs property one day, wrote them off and put them in the trash
13. On Saturday, OP started moving in and went outside to grab some things
14. When OP came back, the neighbors were hanging out in the pool which infuriated OP
15. The fence was cut so that they could use the pool
16. OP called the police snd pressed the following charges
17. The fence was replaced and small claims were made
18. OP did not let any chance go to make the neighbors mend their behavior
19. He still hasn’t been paid, he got a rent sign
Now that you have read the story. it’s time for you to see what Redditors had to say on this. It is obvious that the neighbors were being inappropriate for no reason. Read till the end to see what are other people’s opinions on this. Don’t forget to share your own opinion at the end of this article too.
21. I agree
22. That’s a fact
23. OP is replying to people’s concerns
24. True that
25. Another similar story
26. I agree
What is your take on the story? Do you agree with the behavior that OP showed? What would you do if you were in her situation? I think the neighbors should have understood the situation in the first place and not get themselves in any trouble. Basic human decency comes first and there should be no compromise made on this. If you want to read more such articles on our website, keep visiting us!
Here’s a wholesome dog tax for you all.
This dog visits the lake with his owner often. This is his favorite place to be as you can tell by hi face. Bathing time is the most carefree time for him. Do you often take your dogs to the lake? Let us know.