A professional client would never ghost you in the middle of the project.
Professional and reliable clients never ghost their clients. They make sure they are always in contact with their employees. A company contacted a developer, they wanted the original poster to build and design the website for their business. The OP gave them the quote and they told the OP that they would pay in three installments. OP agreed and they paid 33% of the total amount. OP started working on the project.
Everything was going well until one day when they went quiet. OP completed the website and needed the final approval but they completely ghosted him. OP finally got hold of the lady (the owner of the business) at her day job and inquired about the project. The lady told him that they have found someone cheaper and that they will not be paying the rest of the 66%. The lady told him to deliver 33% of the website. OP told her that it does not work like this. At this point, OP knew what he should do to take petty revenge on this lady. Scroll down for the complete story.
1. OP had a trophy-wife client who had a frozen yogurt business. They wanted OP to build and design a new website for their business. OP gave them a quote and they asked if they can pay in three installments.
2. They were happy with the progress, OP got a 33% deposit. OP was done with the site and needed final approval but they just went quiet.
3. OP met the lady at her day job and she told OP that they have found someone cheaper. She wanted 33% of the files and OP told her that websites don’t work like this.
4. OP created a page with an animated, fake loading bar. There was a message underneath the loading bar.
5. OP downloaded the website files and split them into three portions and gave them the 33% of the website.
6. OP deleted the old site’s files permanently so they couldn’t restore them.
Never try to outsmart a developer. You have no idea what they are capable of. So, pay them the agreed amount instead of paying in installments. We are sure this company must have ended up spending more than they had to pay the original poster. Scroll down for comments from the Reddit community on this post.
7. The company can pay for a lawyer but cannot pay the employee.
8. The guy who plows snow knows right how to get paid by a customer who refuses to pay him.
9. If they do not send you a letter from the lawyer, they are not going to sue you ever!
10. OP never contacted them again and does not know if they are still in business.
Have you ever been ditched by your clients? Share your story in the comment section down below!
Here is a cat tax for today:
“He vomited on the bed then followed me around as I cleaned up begging for more food.”