There are many kind individuals in the world, and some of them will take in a dog when they are in need. They are the ones that unconditionally offer their homes and hearts to a dog that isn’t meant to be theirs permanently and who see to the needs of the animal. But even good deeds have their limits, especially when taking care of someone else’s animal. For dogs to lead complete and contented lives, their owners must devote a lot of time, resources, and energy. And it’s just not fair to them if their needs aren’t satisfied.
It makes sense that those who look after the dogs of others would set restrictions and boundaries. It is unfair to them and the dogs to go over those. Sadly, not everybody is aware of that. Some people believe they can continue to abandon their pets for as long as possible, much as Redditor AITAmaxthedog, as long as they are friends with the person they handed them to. OP was ready to adopt the puppy and provide it with the finest care possible, but the circumstances simply worsened to the point where they had to find the dog a new home. However, it still led to some conflict with the dog’s first owner, who happened to be an acquaintance of the OP. Below is the story by OP in her own words. Don’t forget to read the comments of the Redditors at the end of the post. Scroll down to have a good time.
1. This is the crux of the story
2. OP’s friend Carl handed his dog to OP and went away for tow weeks and didn’t show up to pick him up. OP had to feed him on his own
3. When OP had to return back to the office, it got worse as Max had to be left alone. People started complaining, OP hunt Carl down but never found him or any related person
4. OP gave Max to his friend’s mom who started caring for Max nicely. Carl later showed up and went mad over OP to give away his dog, as he was hospitalized and not okay
You that you have read the story. it’s time for you to see what Redditors say about this. Obviously, the behavior Carl showed was problematic. He did not show up on time and is now reacting for no reason. This is a big red flag if he can even handle Max. Read till the end to see what are other people’s opinions on this. Don’t forget to share your own opinion at the end of this article too.
6. I agree to the most of this
8. That’s right
9. When Carl himself needs a professional, how can he handle Max?
10. This is a good explanation
11. Its clearly NTA case
14. That’s something sensible we did not think of
15. OP really did his best for the dog
What is your take on the story? Do you agree with the behavior that OP showed? What would you do if you were in her situation? I think that Carl should have understood him in the first place. Taking responsibility comes first and there should be no compromise made on this. It is all about Carl and how things happened. If you want to read more such articles on our website, keep visiting us!