Breakups can be tough. Especially when the root cause is one cheating on the other. Getting cheating on is not something everyone can cope with. Some people aren’t even able to tell others that cheating was the reason for their breakup. They feel they would be humiliated by everyone and that no one would like them anymore. But trust me, that would never ever be the case. If someone did something wrong to you, speaking the truth about it will only attract people to your side.
In today’s story though Reddit user holidayaholethrow couldn’t muster up the energy to tell his family that the reason for him breaking up with his fiance Sarah was that she cheated on him.
OP shared that the reason why he didn’t tell everyone the truth is that it would be emasculating and humiliating for him. However, because he didn’t tell his family the real reason for the breakup, everyone assumed it was OP who dumped Sarah. Sarah on the other hand kept making attempts to reunite with OP and she used his mother as a tool to do so. It worked to some extent as one time at a family Christmas dinner, OP’s mother invited Sarah as well as she wanted them to reunite. OP had a great chance to tell everyone Sarah cheated on him but he chose to just not do it and escaped the house from the bathroom window and left.
Scroll down below to read how it all went down!
1. Reunions between exes only happen when both parties mutually agree.
2. It hurts so much more when you have decided to get married and then get to know the truth about the cheating partner.
3. The ex for apparent reasons but OP also did not tell anyone the real reason being their breakup…and this resulted in everyone blaming OP for dumping his girlfriend.
4. Sarah has been feeding it into OP’s mother’s brain to have the couple reunite. But OP doesn’t want to do it no matter what.
5. Oh, the mom called Sarah to the dinner as well. This may get messy.
6. OP avoids contact once again as it would mean telling everyone the truth. So he escaped from the bathroom and went home.
7. Now that OP finally tells the truth, to his sister, he doesn’t get believed.
I would say OP is in the wrong for not telling everyone the truth. Things would’ve always run in his favor but now that he has delayed it so much, I wonder if his family will ever believe him even if he did tell them Sarah cheated on him. As we did read, OP’s sister did not believe it and called him a liar.
Hopefully, OP can tell his family the truth, At least he would’ve cleared his side of the story. Whether the family believes in it or not is a different scenario.
Here’s what the AITA community members had to say and why:
8. It really is crazy how she is trying so hard to patch up with OP. Does she not realize what will happen when everyone eventually learns about the truth?
9. OP really should tell his family the real reason for them breaking up.
10. The only right way to move forward is for OP to tell everyone that Sarah cheated on him.
11. The family has already assumed a reality and it would be hard for OP to change it.
12. He really had a great opportunity to drop the bombshell.
13. Everyone was wrong in his/her own way.
14. Sarah has the mother all in her control…there are no hints.
15. I think he would’ve dropped mouths and his family would’ve believed him.
16. It actually seems like that.
17. To be fair, OP only made the case worse for himself.
I really hope you guys enjoyed this one. Don’t forget to share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Stay tuned for more stories!
“Simon was the runt, and nobody wanted him. I asked around trying to get adopted… and then like 2 hours later just decided to adopt him myself.”
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings