Our society has rotten to the point there is no coming back.
Those who have power in this society, are not worthy of it. Powerless people rely on such powerful people to change the way our society is, for the better. They rely on such powerful people for their lives to be turned around as it is expected of them to use that power responsibly, carefully, and for everyone’s good. But the whole problem is that this is not how things proceed in our society.
Take employment for instance. These huge corporates are the ones providing a safe future to anyone who has the potential to operate in their company. You provide your creativity, and they provide you with sources for a healthy life. But a company that is led by morally corrupt people, is no future provider at all. These corrupt, mean, bad individuals sitting at the top chairs of the organization toy with the futures of those below them.
This one person who had applied at a certain company got a call for an interview. It’s a big joy to receive an interview call so to impress the committee, he arrived 10 minutes early. But for some really odd reason, he got told that he won’t be interviewed because he was late. I am as confused as you guys are.
Scroll down below to read what happened.
1. So its a story about a person who came in for a job interview 5 minutes early and had to wait 10 minutes for the manager to come in and take the interview
I don’t consider 5-10 minutes as late unless it is clear that you have to be there on the dot. Here the person was early and the manager was yet to come so its even steven for now.
2. It was the employee’s clumsiness that they didn’t unlock the store until 5 minutes after, coupled with the manager being 10 minutes late this guy is not in the wrong.
I wonder what happened during the interview.
3. The manager had to pay as he was reported to the regional office. Justice served? Sort-off.
See, you are not supposed to toy around with other people just because you have authority. Outside your jurisdiction, you are nothing so be careful with how you use all that power. Because you might end up like this dumb manager who got reported to the senior manager. This is a fast paced world now, so everyone needs to be careful with what they do, it doesn’t take much to take an action now.
Here are some of the comments the internet users made when they came across this event. Surprisingly, this is not the first time this has happened to someone.
4. This person had to wait 2 hours for the manager to come for the interview. Parallel universe.
5. So Best Buy is another culprit of the same happening as well, thanks for letting us know.
6. This person who went to Target for an interview was made to wait for an hour and was declared late to the interview.
Yo, what the hell is wrong with all these managers. They are literally dealing with those CVs as a waste piece of paper. I fully doubt their merits and selection criteria after this.
7. The manager probably took help from the mystic arts to draw the conclusion that they were 5 minutes late. Quick maths.
Just reminded me of that one student in the class who always reminds the lecturer of a quiz that they had setup and had forgotten about, or homework if you are young.
8. The real culprit was actually that employee who was probably busy in his own personal interest and didn’t open the store at time due; 10 a.m.
9. Oof, that was a hot moment when the manager’s tardiness was called out, and that too bluntly.
These responses from the OP themself are so fun to go through. Insights of the main conversation are hilarious to go through. A sad event, shouldn’t have happened but the outcome is kinda hilarious, speaking regarding the manager’s outcome.
10. Don’t interview me then.
That last comment. That’s exactly what we are speaking for. You are not authorized to ruin another person’s life just because you are in a higher seat. You are supposed to explore potential using that seat, not exploit human life.
To be fair though, it isn’t easy to get an interview call for everyone. Some people never get one, and some perhaps only get a single call their entire life. So it just shows how much it means to all of them. And when someone toys with you like this, knowing that you might end up unemployed for the rest of your life, is very pathetic and very unlawful. This manager should be jailed if you ask me.
11. This person rescheduled their interview and got approval from the firm as well…yet they were given the stick.
There is another thing this bad behavior does. It sort of plummets the confidence of these people who are treated this way. It demotivates them and it can go up to a point when these people start feeling discouraged to look for a job. The whole economy suffers altogether.
12. AN extremely awful management; a familiar ring to the ears of everyone.
We wish you all the best.
13. The efforts of OP were commended, the matter had to be dealt with at all cost. The lesson had to be taught.
OPs intention was not to ruin the career of the manager. Their true intention for calling the corporate and reporting the manager was to make sure they learn a lesson and realize what they did was wrong. Playing with lives is no joke.
I really hope you guys good some true insights from this. Such people exist and they will continue to exist. So know that there is a 100% chance you will come across such powerful people and will have to fight your way through them. Know that if you are in the right, you will get justice, just be patient.
I hope you guys enjoyed it. Do share your thoughts in the comments section down below.