It’s okay to make mistakes but if it’s a repeated mistake, then something is wrong.
The point I am trying to refer to is an event that often happens with quite a few of us. And it’s that error of forgetting things at home. It is very normal for anyone to do such a thing, there is so much going on in a human’s mind that such once in a blue moon forgetfulness can be considered a part of life. Say you have hosted a nice dinner, invited your family or maybe friends, and just when you guys are done eating that delicious food you realize you have forgotten your wallet at home. Now this once in a blue moon situation or error can be avoided as you can always ask for temporary help from your guests, I am sure I as a guest won’t mind this and would help the host get out of trouble But if I start to witness a repeated pattern in this unintentional error of the host forgetting their wallet at home, some red flags would definitely turn on in my head.
Imagine if you are invited to a really fancy New Years’ Eve dinner by your fiance and your in-laws and suddenly all of them forget to bring their wallets to the occasion. How responsible, right? I mean, how pathetic. Yeah, that’s the word. Well, ladies and gentlemen, this is exactly what happened for this one dinner guest and they turned to Reddit to ask whether they were an asshole for only paying for their own dinner and not for those moneyless hosts who had actually invited the other half. Oof, I am already so aggravated. And I am sure by this introduction you guys are as well.
Scroll down below to read what really happened and formulate a vote which we will be asking for at the end.
1. That is an extremely catchy title and I am already invested in this story.
2. A very sweet introduction by the bride to be about her future husband and his family.
I like how she fully respects their religiousness and it doesn’t bother her. Sign of a good partner.
3. That is really sweet of Sam to consider the worth of his fiance and invite her to a family dinner. A nice way to enhance the relationship.
But it does bother for a slight moment there. Why invite her after saying no? Hmm, let’s continue reading.
4. On the face of it, that is an amazing effort by Sam and his family, all that they did for Sam’s fiance…but those last six words…
Oof, that infamous time to pay.
5. Oh my god the switch up. This is actually so rude and means of the hosts. And they clearly did not “forget their wallets”. It was all done intentionally to feed off of the woman.
I wouldn’t let it slide and would take some strict action. Especially against that father-in-law who laughingly said “whatever let’s just have the guest to pay for our asses too”.
6. Oof so our guy Sam hosted such a fancy dinner even when he was jobless and this wasn’t the first time he had done such a thing to his fiance.
Kudos to this woman for hanging in there for this long knowing what a lizard Sam was. This was actually a really good move, paying for what she ate and just walking out on their asses and letting them deal with their own mess.
7. What are you on about, Sam? You hosted the dinner, you didn’t pay, you ruined the NYE celebration. And making your girlfriend feel awful is like putting the last nail in the coffin.
OP felt really awful after Sam’s call that night and questioned whether or not she was right for doing what she did at that dinner party to which she was invited. So she took the matter to Reddit. The meter was taking a certain corner of Reddit where millions of users upload the matters regarding whether they were an asshole for doing something or not, and the whole community consents what the real verdict should be.
8. Here’s the explanation OP provided to the community for her reactions and for thinking she did wrong.
Well, if OP was to directly ask us, we would directly reply with a simple NTA. There is no way in hell that this woman comes out in the wrong when she was the one who got invited to dinner when she was the one who was asked to pay for the dinner she was invited to. It doesn’t really make sense in your mind how there is any evidence pointing that OP was wrong.
And this isn’t something new that we read today, human exploitation is a serious matter. Just because they are nice to you, they care for you, they respect your culture, norms, and religion does not mean that you begin robbing their niceness and exploiting their best for your own use. That is exactly what Sam and OP’s mother in law and father in law did, they tried to convert OPs niceness into free treats. And I am very glad that she took a stand and knocked them back. There’s time, she should definitely reconsider this relationship with Sam.
The community weighed in on the matter and here’s what they had to say:
1. It can’t get any clearer than this. OP should definitely follow the advice and realize this was all a set up to exploit her nicenes.
2. The community members were quick to raise the red flag on Sam and his family.
3. The audacity. You are the one who should let him go before this continues futher.
4. Toxicity, that’s what they all exhibited.
5. They all played a very dumb trick if you ask me. Such things don’t work anymore in this era.
Ah! I feel bad for her. What do you guys think? Don’t forget to share your thoughts in the comments section down below. Was she AH or NTA? State your vote as we will be going through all of them.