Our fascination with the world of magic began in 2001 when we first watched Harry Potter, and it has continued ever since, as we have spent our childhood years waiting for the Hogwarts acceptance letter. These timeless tales told through the Harry Potter films and books, are still enjoyed by many children and adults today!
A few sagas manage to include elements of romance, life-threatening adventures, and humor all at the same time. The Harry Potter series is one of those dramas. At times when they weren’t running for their lives, Harry and his friends Ron and Hermione were just being silly, carefree kids who made us smile every now and then.
We believe that telling jokes is one of the most effective ways of connecting with our children and loved ones, which is why we’ve compiled this magical list of jokes and harry potter memes that will make your room full of laughter. For those of us who grew up with J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter series, the beloved world of magic and spells she created has come to define a significant portion of our childhood. Such that you may now be passing on your affection to your children. And you’re not the only one who feels this way.
Here’s an amazing compilation of hilarious Harry Potter memes, and you don’t have to be a die-hard Potter fan to find these jokes hilarious! So, keep scrolling down to check them out.
1. Take our money, and make it happen!
2. It will be more amazing than the “Fantastic Beast” movie.
An average single mom, J.K. Rowling got this amazing idea while stuck on a train. Neither did the publisher could predict how this will have a measurable impact on everything.
Harry Potter rocketed the most powerful forces and imagination in the young adult genre. They started making amazing children’s books that caught the attention worldwide, also, it introduced an entire generation to the idea that it is possible to have the relationship with pop culture that you want. This idea is still going strong, the idea to write about it and with it, to make music and art about it, and to build a business around it.
3. This book cover is way too funny!
4. Didn’t know that Tom Felton has improvised that…well played!
5. This is exactly what Fred would have wanted.
Two decades ago, it was a success when Harry Potter first appeared in the United Kingdom. However, when Scholastic purchased the US publication for $105,000, it began to rise to the level of a phenomenon. And at the time it was approximately ten times the average foreign rights sale at the time.
6. Best Troll Ever!
7. This is because sorting is based on qualities, not what you’re best at…
8. Does that make Harry a villain?
The $105,000 sale gave Harry Potter a publicity hook and a big budget, according to Vox.
The hook came from the press: articles about the little English book that had sold so well, and reviews asking what kind of book could justify such a price.
Scholastic provided the budget. When a publisher buys a book, it sets aside money for it. If you spend $105,000 on a book, you’ll need to spend more on marketing, publicity, and production to make that money back.
9. That’s so freaking true!
10. Also, because they used air to breathe!
11. Best one so far!
12. At least, this meme shows how some people think about Harry Potter.
According to a 2012 study, adults purchase 55% of YA novels. That boom was largely fueled by Harry Potter, which became a surprise crossing hit adored by people of all ages, and which made it possible for adults to read books ostensibly intended for children.
However, some critics see this as a concerning trend, implying that adults are too stupid and/or lazy to recognize challenging literature. Harold Bloom, a former Yale professor and author of ‘How to Read and Why,’ for example, believes that the first Harry Potter book was poorly written.
According to Bloom: “It is much better to see the movie, ‘The Wizard of Oz,’ than to read the book upon which it was based, but even the book possessed an authentic imaginative vision. ‘Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone’ does not, so that one needs to look elsewhere for the book’s (and its sequels’) remarkable success,”
13. We’ll adore this scene because it depicted what true friendship is all about.
14. …and the year we all loved boys with long hair.
15. Imagine, if Harry was the one that turned into a cat though.
16. Free dobby! Give him the BBQ steak!
Constance Grady and Aja Romano of Vox argue that the Harry Potter books’ appeal comes from combining intricate plotting of a mystery with the scope and intimacy of epic fantasy and boarding school narrative.
That the boarding school structure makes the characters warm and familiar and charming, and that the puzzle box mystery plotting keeps the pages turning propulsively forward. It also makes their deaths (for some) and traumas (for all) more painful.
17. The realities of entering adult life…
18. He’s not James he has “his mother’s eyes”!!
19. They really should update the sorting hat test because omg!?
20. What you’d probably see if you took the 140p train to Hogwarts.
One of the main reasons Harry Potter is so popular is its fan base. According to a 2011 survey, a third of all American adults aged 18 to 34 had read at least one of the books.
But communities like r/HarryPotter show that fans still adore the series. People wanted to talk about the Harry Potter books with their friends and make new friends who shared their enthusiasm.
21. The sorting hat never lies.
22. …and don’t forget to like, share and subscribe to the channel!
23. One of the most tragic deaths in Hollywood’s history
24. How could they forget the legendary utterance of “Potter” by Draco Malfoy every other minute.
The books have sold over 500 million copies worldwide, making them the best-selling series of all time, with the final four novels setting records for the fastest-selling book in history.
The series has been translated into 73 languages and adapted into eight hugely successful films, as well as spawning spin-off books and films. I have a feeling we’ll see a lot more Harry Potter memes in the future.
25. At least, both his parents would still be alive.
26. Uncle Vernon’s dark humor really is remarkable.
27. Really makes you wonder who the favorite child is.
28. His glow-up is astounding, really.
29. The resemblance is almost scary.
30. You can fix literal bones but not a single tissue in the poor child’s eyes?
Which Harry potter meme made you laugh the most? Let us know in the comments area below!