I support all types of art.
You don’t need to be a professional painter to make art. And you don’t need to be highly intellectual to enjoy it either. If you’re new to painting, you deserve to be appreciated. It doesn’t have to be perfect or accurate. At least you’re trying. I would never criticise someone that is making progress. However, sometimes, something is just so bad you can’t help but giggle. No, I’m not going to bash any modern artists today.
We’re going to show you some medieval paintings of cats, that look nothing like cats. These are so inaccurate that they hurt. I’m going to need to wash my eyes after this. That too, with acid. So, if you’re in for a laugh, we have the perfect stuff for you. Scroll down below to see 22 hilarious medieval paintings of cats that prove painters had no idea what a cat looks like:
1. Why does it have a human face?
2. So, cats were basically cartoons.
3. What the hell is that thing behind the cat?
4. Looks like something from Alice in Wonderland.
5. Nightmare material.
6. What’s with the orange tongue?
7. It wasn’t so bad from the tail end, but the face…
8. Apparently, cats can play instruments.
9. Cats were bread loaves back then too.
10. WHAT IS THAT?!
11. Exotic blue cat.
If these aren’t cracking you up, I don’t know what will. Did these artists even know what they were doing? Please tell me they had never seen cats and were just using their imagination to come up with these. I can bet my 7-year-old self could paint better than this.
12. All cats are kings.
13. This reminds me of that Nicholas Cage meme.
14. Spiky Cat.
15. They aren’t experts on dogs either.
16. I want to ride a cat too.
17. Rare cat specie.
18. Why does this cat have a beard?
19. Cats love swimming.
20. Those nails though.
21. This is exactly what a cat looks like.
22. Was the painter doing acid or something?
What did you think of these medieval cat paintings? What would you rate them out of 10? Let us know in the comments below.