Dogs can do anything.
Dogs are very responsible and intelligent animals. They are very loyal therefore they are genuinely concerned about their owner’s wellbeing. A dog’s intelligence always amazes me. If trained properly, no other animal can reach a dog’s level of obedience. Once you assign them to do any kind of work, they will keep on working tirelessly until they reach their goal. Many centuries ago, the dog was the only animal that was domesticated and at that time, they were only used for hunting and guarding.
Today dogs are trained so that they can perform many various tasks like being a therapy dog, police dog, fire dog, guide and hearing dog, seizure dog, search and rescue dog, physical assistance dog, and many other jobs. Golden retrievers and labradors are the most common breed used as a service dog but any other breed can be a service dog. Scroll down to see a list of amazing dogs with their special duties and stories by their owners…
1.“This is Ruby. She came to our university to cheer us up.”
2. This cutie is only one year old and he is already working as a water rescue dog.
3.“This is River. I have autism, and he’s training hard to become my service dog. Next year, we will attend college together.”
4.“Chip earned the ‘cone of shame’ because he kept putting his head in the fence and getting stuck there. Pepper helped maneuver him, so I could capture his shame.”
5. “My 12-year-old Jade is getting all her ducks in a row.”
6. By keeping the deers away from grapes, this adorable dog named Tucker, saves his vineyard at least $10,000 per year.
7. This dog is an ATM guard.
8.“This is Dakota. She alerts me if my blood sugar is starting to rise.”
9. IKEA gifted this service dog a soft toy.
10. Watson helps to comfort the children that get hurt at the zoo. He has worked there for 6 years.
11.“This is Enzo. He works in my dentist’s waiting room. I get excited to come here just to pet this good boy.”
12. This picture would make a great Christmas card.
13.“My mom has Parkinson’s disease. Our pitbull always rests his head on whatever part of her body has tremors the worst. Nobody taught him to do that.”
14.“I bought a new bed for my service dog with our first paycheck after we got for our first job together! She’s the hardest worker in the whole office!”
15. Here is your search and rescue dog.
16. “My dog comes to work every day. Officially, his title is “Chief Morale Officer.”
17. Georgia helps people with PTSD and now she is about to give birth to future service dogs.
18. Aww, a cute retirement party was held for explosive detection dogs. The two dogs on both sides are replacing the two retiring dogs in the middle.
19.“This is Bonzo, a former sled dog. He has run more than 10,000 miles. This is him on his last sled run a year ago.”
20. This is so adorable! He is upset because he retired but he wants to go back to work.
21. Meet Elvis, he can detect a polar bear’s pregnancy.
22. This cute dog helps people and leads a team of 10 dogs in a sled ride.
23.“I was laughing, and my dog thought I desperately needed my emergency inhaler, so he brought it to me.”
24.“This is Benny. He was a therapy dog at our middle school. He has retired because of his health.”
25. Rhu found a oregon black truffle that weighs 7.0 ounces! Their average weight is 1 or 2 ounce.
26.“This is Bill. Yesterday he had his first day of training to become my medical alert dog. He’s going to be the first dog to help people with my illness in Australia.”
“He is wearing an assistance dog coat. This is our first time visiting a shopping center together.”