Have you ever experienced something so frustrating and infuriating that you just couldn’t let it go? That’s exactly how this Reddit user felt when they attended an overpriced private Christian school in California. The story began innocently enough – the user realized they were getting sick from cross-contamination at the cafeteria, which was catered by a notoriously terrible company that will remain unnamed.
The cafeteria staff seemed to have no regard for the user’s severe anaphylactic allergies, despite the fact that the user’s family was paying a whopping $10,000 per year for their meal plan. In one instance, the menu app advertised fettuccine Alfredo for dinner with no allergens, but the user found out too late that the dish had been switched to pasta with a creamy mushroom sauce, to which the user was allergic.
The user tried to get out of the meal plan, but the school refused, insisting that the user speak up if they see something unsafe for food allergic people. But that was easier said than done. The cafeteria staff would never change the cloth in the bread baskets between morning seedy bagels and dinner rolls, despite the user’s severe sesame seed allergy. When the user politely asked a worker to change the cloth, the worker rolled her eyes and said, “Your allergies aren’t my problem.”
Keep on scrolling down to read the full story in OP’s own words and we will see you at the end of the article.
1. Is he the Karen? Keep on scrolling down to find out.
2. This happened back in 2017-2018
3. OP spent 2 years at an overpriced private Christian school
4. OP has anaphylactic allergies and he was paying about 10k a year for his meal plans
5. Few months in OP realized that he is getting sick from cross contamination
6. After this incident, OP tried to get out of the meal plan but the school refused.
7. When OP asked to change cloth, the worker who was working there rolled her eyes and asked OP why is he allergic to sesame seeds.
8. When OP asked to speak to the manager, the worker said that the manager is out and she is the floor leader.
9. For real, this was a life-and-death situation
10. Thank God he didn’t
11. Exactly everyone in the food service industry should know how serious food allergies can be
12. Allergies are no joke, for real.
13. OP was surely paying too much for that
14. This Redditor tells OP that his meal plan costs more than an entire year of living cost for him at his university lol
15. This Redditor also suffers from anaphylactic reactions and this is what he has to say
16. Exactly your allergies should matter at a place of education or literally anywhere
17. Exactly if a meal plan costs this much you should have the right to ask them to make adjustments
18. Disrespect in unreal, for real
This was it, folks, this was the story let us know what you think about it down below in the comments section, and make sure to like and share this article with your friends and family and stay tuned for more content like this with Defused. Thank You!