Another terrible customer’s enormous hubris crumbles under its own weight. Even after being informed that they are not speaking to an employee, some customers stubbornly adhere to the “customer is always right” philosophy. The author of this thread, u/ComedianXMI, reported his run-in with Karen in a grocery store after his shift at work on Reddit’s r/IDontWorkHereLady community. After noticing his name badge, the woman believed he was an employee. Things really started to spiral out of control after he gently corrected her. She insisted that she was correct, as do all Karens, and would not accept the idea that this man was not, in fact, a worker at this store.
Karen refused to acknowledge that she was mistaken, even after he played with her and reiterated the fact that he didn’t work there. As if she could not possibly be mistaken. Everything seems so entitled! The full story is down below, so keep scrolling!
1. OP worked in retail for many years, this story explains how children are smarter than you think they are
2. OP did not ever look like a trainee but like an employee most of the time while working at the store
3. OP was browsing spices one day when he heard a faint noise behind him
4. The Karen asks OP to talk to his manager
5. OP apologized to her for blocking her but she was not ready to take it
6. When OP told her he does not work here, she started abusing him and mentioning his uniform
7. OP now uses malicious compliance and asks her what she needs to be found
8. OP kept her spiraling into the grocery store from one place to another
9. Karen becomes angry when OP keeps wandering in the section. OP goes to the child stationary section making his next move
10. OP hands her over a children’s coloring book and she shouts. When she becomes angrier and shouts while drawing everyone’s attention, Op tells her she should read the book since she can’t differentiate between a customer and an employee
11. This caused a stunned silence and Karen got livid
12. OP backs off after getting what he wanted to do with the rude Karen
13. An employee standing beside OP asked what was going on
14. The manager then steps in and asks OP if he misbehaved with the woman, OP gives clarification in a pleasant tone
15. OP explains to the manager in the following lines which must make you laugh
16. The manager cannot help but find the reason very funny. then he asks the Krwn to stop harassing other shoppers like this.
17. What happens next is what gratified OP for real
18. Karen could not just take it
What is your take on the story? Do you agree with the behavior that OP showed? What would you do if you were in her situation? I think that Karen is clearly at fault. Do share your opinion with us. If you want to read more such articles on our website, keep visiting us!
“Sleepy boy after eating the couch.”