In the world of car sales, commission is king. It’s no secret that car salesmen work on commission, and it’s how they make their living. So when a group of salespeople at a Ford dealership in 2014 found out that their commission on the highly sought-after Shelby Mustangs and Raptor F-150s would be capped at $2,500, they weren’t happy. Instead of accepting this unfair treatment, they decided to band together and come up with a plan of malicious compliance. They created a tool that would generate sales prices that would produce exactly $2,500 in commission, and they all used it. The dealership soon found out and called a meeting to scold the sales staff, but they stood their ground. The sales staff was resolute: remove the cap, or there would be no more signed buyer’s orders exceeding it. The cap was lifted three days later, and the sales staff’s cunning plan had succeeded. This story is a reminder that sometimes when faced with unfair treatment, it pays to band together and fight back for what is right.
Trust us on this one you don’t want to miss out on this story so keep on scrolling down to read the full story and we will see you at the end of the article.
1. Here is how the story began, keep on scrolling down to read the full story.
2. OP was selling cars back in 2014, Ford specifically.
3. OP GM loved both vehicles and he also loved chatting about them with buyers
4. On Saturday morning OP was told that commissions on such vehicles would be capped at $2500
5. So OP talked to several other salespeople and they were also pissed and all of them together decided to collude
6. So the next meeting was just management yelling at salespersons lmao
7. Exactly if you cap someone’s commissions they will only work until they hit the cap limit
8. This Redditor tells us that he did the same
9. This Redditor tells us that he had a similar experience though he did not have an official cap when he reached a certain amount there would be multiple different reasons why part of it had to e carried over to the next month
10. For real, capping commissions is so dumb
11. Exactly think before you make changes
12. Exactly they can walk off anytime with their skills and your clients
13. Never be too greedy and appreciate your salesperson
14. Yes you should do that
15. Absolute robbery for real
16. Exactly it shouldn’t matter how much they make to anyone as long as they are earning it
17. All we can picture is a corporate Pikachu face too lmao
18. True too many salespersons for such a small store
19. This Redditor shares her late husband’s story
20. This Redditor tells us how this post reminds him of how much he hates car shopping and how he wishes the whole industry was overhauled to eliminate dealerships together
This was it, folks, this was the story let us know what you think about it down below in the comments section, and make sure to like and share this article with your friends and family and stay tuned for more content like this with Defused. Thank You!