Work life can be tiresome and challenging at times. Especially when your company is powered by a misguided play. Injustice and power play can not bring any fruitful results, that’s what owners of companies need to understand.
Reddit user u/alldogzzarebeautiful brought upon a story of his office in which all employees were laid off from their jobs and were asked to re-apply. To which the employees showed solidarity and nobody replied. It was because this has been used as a tactic by many companies since the 2008 financial crisis. This time too, the company thought that the employees will reapply but it turned out to be a gross miscalculation on their end. People in the comments have shown disdain and hate for the company in the story down below How can they be not? Scroll down till the end to read the story of how the company screwed the employees over but they were ready for a counterattack.
1. As the owners of the company were sold, the new ones asked the employee to really to which nobody did as it was truly unexpected
2. The machines that were built years before and the specialized knowledge was thrown off. The employees too got highly annoyed and accepted leaving on their own
3. Same story; locals stopped shopping from the store which made all employees reapply, what a great way to protest the injustice!
4. This commenter really had some important lessons that he needed to address
5. Charge them through the teeth
6. With low unemployment and resignation, the company’s plan was actually doomed
7. The last comment is really clever and must have been tried on the last day to make the owners learn their lesson
8. Well, the coffee and dougnuts must have not been left untouched
9. It all traces back to the old owners to take things responsibly, that’s true
10. Typical boomer mentality by the old owners, really disappointed by their behavior
Has your company ever screwed you over something like this? Or you ever heard someone telling the same story? I hope, you never did because this shit sucks. Companies really need to understand that they cannot just exploit the employees working there for over a decade. They should respect their time and expertise at the job before thinking to turn it down. But kudos to this one, the employee really did a “tit for tat” for the company which now should rot.