We often have the most random experiences that stick with us for their weirdness and awkwardness. There is zero anticipation for such an event, it just happens out of nowhere and you think for days as to why did it happen.
In today’s story, something similar happened. Reddit user RainbowSprinkles4 was peacefully shopping at a store, you know doing their thing. That’s when she got approached by an old white lady and the conversation started pretty smoothly, the way they do between two strangers. The old white lady had approached OP to have her cut the fabric she had shopped at the store. That’s when OP realized the old white lady had mistaken her for an employee. The task at hand for OP now was to let the lady know she was not an employee and that she should approach a staff member to have her query about the fabric resolved. Unfortunately, the lady just won’t understand that she wasn’t talking to an employee but a customer just like herself.
Scroll down below to read this hilarious, most random interaction.
1. OP is all dressed up for Halloween.
2. An old white lady approached OP.
3. Then she should approach someone who works there…no?
4. She wants her work to be done without doing any work for it. Wow!
5. I think there is something wrong with this old white lady.
6. Are you guys reading this?
7. I think the old white lady forgot her brain cells at home.
8. I swear OP will never forget this interaction…ever.
Redditors required some more details and OP was happy to respond:
9. The old lady really did think only she, in this whole world, can shop.
10. It really was hilarious.
11. That’s the way to go about it.
12. No mom would forgive such a specimen.
13. It was at this moment she knew she f*cked up.
14. She opted out.
15. They are the worst versions of a Karen…that is for sure.
I am still trying to digest what just happened. The old lady created a full-fledged drama by making a mistake, she stayed committed to believing the customer was an employee and then just decided to leave the shopping store…I mean she didn’t even bill. This is the most random incident I have ever read and surely this will stick in OP’s mind for a very long time.
Here’s what the internet had to say about this:
16. A good strategy.
17. That would have been a genuinely good response.
18. The staff chose to disappear when this lady walked into the store.
19. Her bubble of ego was way too big.
20. That would’ve infuriated the lady even more.
21. People enjoy this kind of stuff.
22. Come on, this would probably inflate their ego even more.
23. We all knew ti was never going to happen because she would have to walk in order to reach the manager.
I really hope you guys enjoyed this one. Don’t forget to share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Stay tuned for more stories!
“When I adopted her from the rescue I was worried I couldn’t make her happy. I think she is happy.”
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings