No employee ever wants to think of a situation results in him/her being laid off. The thing about getting laid off is that you don’t have to do anything wrong or troublesome to be asked to leave the organization, there could be many reasons for it for example the organization may be downsizing, they may be changing the model of operations, it could be anything. The thought of getting laid off can put any employee under stress because they start thinking about how will they support their family, or how will they pay the rent, and they get worried about how long will it take to find a new job as well.
So now that we have established that when a company decides to lay off employees, it has to provide them with a solid reason for doing so. But unfortunately, the company we are going to be talking about in today’s story had a terrible reason for laying off one of their auto technicians, who is also the original poster of this story. OP got laid off and later learned that the company had made this decision to replace them with another employee who had agreed to work at a lower wage than OP. This infuriated OP as they decided to take the pettiest revenge one could possibly think of.
Now what did they do and how it all went down is for you guys to read and find out. Scroll down below to enjoy!
1. A story OP read on Reddit reminded them of a past experience.
2. Wow, it seems like OP is one of the best automotive technicians out there.
3. OP got hired by a well-known offroad shop where they started as a shop helper.
4. The shop owner was a very religious person.
5. Well there goes to religiousness.
6. OP decided to stay calm and continued working until he finally got moved to another part of the shop.
7. He was responsible for handling the whole interlock business.
8. One day the shop owner called OP and another employee who worked at the interlocks portion and told both of them they were being laid off because the business has decided to cut ties with the interlock company.
9. Both employees were told to pack up and leave…just like that.
10. 2 days after being laid off OP went back to the shop to get all his technician stuff and that’s where he saw a person from the interlock company training a new employee.
11. That’s when OP learned that the owner had laid him and his coworker off to replace them with a single employee.
12. OP learned that the new employee had been hired at a much lower wage rate than what he used to get so he decided to tell that to the new employee and advised him he should never work at such a lower rate.
Lock and load. Never in a million years would’ve got the terrible shop owner think that the newly hired would get to know about this unfair dealing. The whole plan was to make money by robbing the employee. He fired two people who collectively were making $16-$17 per hour and hired a single employee who made much less than the individual rates offered to the ex-employees he was replacing.
We are yet to know how the story progresses forward but I would say the employee should take OP’s advice and leave.
13. The newly hired employee took OP’s advice and quit on the first day of the job.
14. As you sow, so shall you reap.
15. This is what you call gorgeous petty revenge.
Here’s what the internet had to say about this:
16. OP really did save the newly hired from misery.
17. OP was too nice to ignore all the red flags. Should’ve left way back on his own.
18. That would’ve been the final nail in the coffin.
19. A lying jacka$$, that’s what the boss was.
20. That would’ve been the best.
21. That is unfortunate.
22. This boss was a disgrace to his religion.
I really hope you guys enjoyed this one. Don’t forget to share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Stay tuned for more stories!
“Adopted these babies yesterday. They were scared all of yesterday but I woke up and found them sitting like this beside me.”
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings